Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mid Month Marvelous?!


1.15.13

It’s the middle of the first month of the New Year.  Did you know that yesterday was the most depressing day of the year?  Apparently there is a research group that came up with that after questioning random people over a course of so many years.  The reasons were:
1.  Holidays officially over 
2. Vacations are done or pretty far out on the calendar for most people 
3.  Bad weather 
 4.  Any resolutions that were made are normally already broken by this point.
 

 I started thinking about that and how they apply to me. 
1.  I’m glad the holidays are over.  No problem there. 
2.  Vacations, well keep reading. 
3.  Bad weather.  Can I get an A-MEN?  Oh man we are getting monsooned (yeah I know its not a word, do I care?  Take the G.Dub mentality here, no).  If it were twenty degrees colder this would be some super snow.  I just keep telling myself the ground is going to be perfect for some planting in a couple months. 
4.  I made a resolution and well you’re still reading it so I have apparently kept it (personal celebration, hold on, almost over…….ok.)

 So if you are in the low down dumps…..I hope I can make you smile for at least a nanosecond.

 

Yesterday was a total Monday.  Felt that whole – gross this is Monday feeling.  Then I realized I was breathing and covered by sturdy shelter during the rain so I got over myself.  Yesterday was also a bit of a mess.  I didn’t get half the crap done I wanted to.  The baby had his first fall – never trust a car seat.  He’s fine!  He was more angry than anything.  But I was feeling horrible about it.  He was in the carseat which was on the ottoman.  I had went to turn the stove off and my daughter says, “Um mommy, the baby fell out of the carseat and its on top of him.”  Yep she was calm as a cucumber.  She was acting as if this was as normal as brushing your teeth.  I bolted into the livingroom and sure enough baby was on the floor with the carseat on him.  He didn’t cry until I held him against me and he heard my heart beating 50,000 beats a second.  I was frazzled and he was fine.....tis mommyhood!
 

I had some odd people pull in my driveway and decide to walk around.  This all happened after I watched a video for a class I am taking in February.  The video was about personal protection.  It really was ironic how all this played out.  I look out my window and two young men are walking around my driveway like it’s a public rest area.  I pulled out my phone, stood at the door.  OH yeah my phone is powerful I tell ya.  They stared at me and I at them.  Seriously, what happened to brains along the way?  I would never in ten million trillion years think to pull in a person’s drive way and just walk around.  I have something called common sense.  I was lucky to get that gene *apparently*.  For ten minutes these young guns walked around my driveway like it was a happy fun zone.  I was about to be Brownie and walk outside and ever so unpolitely tell them to get in their vehicle and find a public place to stretch their legs (with the addition of words that would make a sailor blush).  However, I didn’t know their intent and the idea of having a 9mm pulled on me didn’t sound too fun for a Monday.  They eventually got in their truck and left. How odd though.  Seriously.  Am I the only person who thinks it is odd to randomly pull in a driveway and walk around like it’s a Burger King parking lot?  Talk to me people, am I missing something?

The dog went to his grooming appointment yesterday only to come home and go ape all over the yard (maybe he smelled the lingering scent of dumbasses that were there earlier).  Why is it when I schedule his appointments it never fails to be a rainy, nasty day?  In his mad dash of crazed lunacy from returning home from the groomers I just knew he was going to head into the highway and become chopped shihtzu liver.  I had just spent some money on him so he was destined to just end it all.  It seems that way for me.  If I drop some money on an animal it decides life isn’t worth living and finds a car to become one with.  Luckily, yesterday was not his day to end it all.  After catching him and wiping his paws he was good to go – inside.
Maybe I am seeing why January 14th is the most depressing day of the year.

***************

So I am a list maker.  Anyone else here subscribe to that lifestyle?  Making lists so they can keep up with what they need to be doing and the satisfaction of marking things off as they are completed?  Its like heroine or something for me!  Seriously!  Well I’ll say its like heroine, I’m too much of a common senser to do those hard insane drugs that MTV loves to do shows on.  I will just stick to wine and Super B Complex.

Every day I will make a list of things I want to get done that day and every night I will go over that list and move what didn’t get done to the next available day for that chore.  Some days the list is minimal, some days its too much for a week let alone a day.  Some days I look at my list and say – “Ugh I hate my boss!” then I realize my boss is me.  Some days I look at my list and say – “Awesome sauce!”

My list for yesterday was pretty freaking awesome!  And it’s all thanks to my husband.

I have to be sappy for a second – bear with me.

When I say I am blessed and I know it – I mean it.  I am not blowing hot air up your ass.  Not only do I have the two bestest kids ever and cutest dog on the earth I also have the best marriage possible.  Look – we haven’t had an easy go of it.  We’ve had those shitake mushroom times where I was ready to end the legal union and say, "this marriage has been brought to you by the letter F, as in f-you buddy".  Our earlier years were plagued with stupidity, selfishness, and ridiculousness.  I will be the first to admit to being married and hating every blasted minute of it.  Then something happened and I’m not sure when it happened.  There’s no one moment in our marriage where I can say – “Yep that was it”.  But a bunch of things started happening – they were tiny little blips that really went unnoticed and brought us to where we are today.  Some of it had to do with getting a little older, some of it had to do with blocking out all those little fire ants that were too busy filling our heads full of the runs, and a lot of it had to do with allowing the Big Man to come in and do some work on our hearts and minds.  Today – I am the happiest wife on the planet.  A happy marriage for us isn’t money in the bank, trying to keep up with the Joneses, trying to make everyone think we’re something we’re not – our marriage is happy because we are each other’s best friend – seriously.  We gave up on the idea of jealousy. We honestly DO give a crap about each other.  We wake up talking and go to bed talking.   We know drama is damning. We take each other into account when planning things to do.  And though this may sound crazy to the majority of married people – we want to be around each other.  We aren’t scheduling events to be apart.  Some people claim to have one day a week to be their family day. We prefer every day be our family day.  Now don’t get me wrong – we also schedule date nights to be together sans children.  Many of those date nights include other couples we enjoy being around who also have some of the same things going on as us (mainly small children that are trying to turn the home into a dictatorship). My husband is pretty in tune with me and I with him.  We finish each other’s sentences and thoughts and we know we are way stronger together than apart.  I never worry he’s looking elsewhere for anything he isn’t getting at home.  I know his issues just like he knows mine and we work to make life easier for each other while protecting each other in the best way we know how.  I’m 100% real and he’s matched me.  Yeah I may be bragging but by God I have every right to.  Where we came from and where we are…..it is pretty amazing.  If I could give you a tip or two on marriage it would be:  stop looking at other couples, stop talking about your problems with your friends, and start looking at your marriage and talking to your spouse.  Every day, after the kids are in the bed (if you have them) or the dog is snoozing and not stealing the show, get a beverage and start talking.  If you can’t find the words or the topic….you may be in deep water.  Stop being mad too.  I was always pissed at my husband and being pissed gets you to nowhere good super fast.  If you can’t stop being mad then you need to work on you.  I see more blogs about this coming in the future.

PSA over.

 So yesterday my husband sends me a text.  This text came seriously from heaven.  I tell you that because you don’t know how many days I dream of getting away for just 24 hours to lay in a big, fluffy bed with champagne and a tv (that I have the remote to) and room service on demand.  A place where there are no crying kids, whining kids, angry kids.  No “this is the wost day evah” from my kid’s mouth.  And I can sleep past 6:30am.  No laundry to do.  No dishes to wash! No place to drive to.  Ahhhhh I dream of that….just a little bit!  Just a day!

My husband sent me a text saying I needed to find a place for us to go for our anniversary.  No, not a dinner out and then back home but a weekend getaway to just escape and celebrate our marriage. 

You know I’m a budget freak…..this wasn’t in the budget.  He said not to worry about that....just find the place.  He gave me the limits monetarily.

We’ve been going on little trips for our anniversary since we celebrated number 1.  This is nothing new but God knows it was the best news I have heard since August 24th.  If I have ever needed some time to recharge and revamp it is now. 

So yesterday’s list was awesome…..

Now comes the OCD side of me to find a place to getaway to…..

What did I make for dinner?

Well I had some leftover meat sauce from princess spaghetti dinner night – I threw together some veggie rotini in a dish, covered with the meat sauce, added in another can of tomato sauce, covered it in parmesan and mozzarella – baked it for 30 minutes at 300.  Yep that was it.  It was good and will be served at lunch today.

Tonight….doing my Southern duties of going all out to make some chicken pie, mashed taters, and green beans baby. 

Until we meet again –

 
Brownie

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!