Monday, January 28, 2013

Parghhhh!

1.28.2013 - The very last Monday of the very first month of the very new year.

You made it through your first 2013 set of Mondays!!!  Well almost.  Congrats that's worth something don't ya think?

****************************

Question of the day:  Would you rather donkey bootie or a stallion bootie? 

****************************

How was your weekend?  I hope it was purely fantastic.

Saturday was pretty squishy.  The ice melted and the mud consumed the land.  I had some nice tracks through my livingroom - after checking them out I realized they belonged to a human man.  I put my gun away after I realized he wouldn't make for good eating. 

The hubby got much needed haircut. Thank God he's not into growing the hair out like he was all into the "Viking" beard idea.  My husband has what I call "Andy Taylor" hair.  Andy Taylor was the sheriff on the Andy Griffith Show (a religion in North Carolina).  Anyway, he had this big bodied hair that made this wave on top of his head and if my husband allows his hair to grow out - well he becomes Andy Taylor.  Or he becomes the poster child for the Homeless Haircut.  A shaggy mess of here and theres clumped all about.  Its like a cow with low sodium licked his head for a week thinking it was a salt block. So yes, it was much needed. 

From there we decided to eat.  When you lose ten pounds in a hair dresser's chair you need to refuel.  We tried out a new little hole-in-the-wall and it was surprisingly good!  Cold as an Alaska morning in there but really tasty.  The menu - limited.  The food - good quality.  The final result - we'll be back.

Saturday was also a holy day in North Carolina.  The Mighty Wolfpack of North Carolina State (stop....please pause for a memorial to when I used to party my tail off in Raleigh....keep pausing....ok.....ok thanks) played the Blue Mountain Goats of Chapel Hill.  I don't necessarily hate UNC, I mean they churn out some great doctors, dentists, nurses, teachers, etc.  But their athletics department....yeah no real respect there.  I have some colorful adjectives for Mr. Roy Williams - he has started to realize his poop does have the same aroma as everyone else's, but I just lack any respect for the man.  That is sad and bad and terrible.  I can admit it.  I also feel bad for those players - bless their hearts.  If they don't get into the NBA they are screw balled.  I know most schools have an "athletic academia" section that is "hidden away" but seriously UNC is known for having one of those insane ones.....I believe Jerry Stackhouse graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Toaster Mechanics. ;-)

Ok all that aside - the Tarheels and Wolfpack met up at PNC Arena and the Pack held their ground and ate some goat for dinner.  It was a great night for us Wolfpack fans.  We don't get to expereince a lot of W's and when we do we just relish in the feeling of having a winning team - especially against UNC and the powerhouse once known as Duke.  (Coach K, whaddaya say?  Going down again today?)  Of course the Pack had to scare the immortal dookie out of us at the end of the game but they ended up not reverting to playing like a group of kindergartners to give away a win.

All was well in NC for those of us who bleed red.

Oh and if I have to root for blue it is Duke I choose.  SO Coach K get your team together son.

*****************************

Sunday - fun day.  Oh how I love Sundays, oh how I love Sunnnnnnn-days, oh how I love Sundays because they are the day after the Sabbath.

So we got up, drank coffee, made breakfast and then something magical happened - I went to church alone.  Now don't get me wrong, it is nice to go to church with your family but sometimes...yes sometimes (cue the organ music now), I tell ya sometimes you need some time in the church house on a Sunday, mmm hmmm, when you don't have to worry about the baby screaming his head off (amen, amen) or the baby deciding to crap all over his diaper and ruin his clothes and you end up in the nursery the entire tim (that's right!  preach!) and there are sometimes at the church house, when you don't need the five year old saying "but mama I want to go to the back" fifteen times a minute (that's right amen!), sometimes you don't need the distraction you just need you and the pew and the silence.....and all God's children said, Amen.

(Ok turn off the organ music, we don't even have one at my church)

Yes, I went to church alone.  It was nice.  The music was good too - Morning Has Broken and then a the end we sang Power In The Blood (which I always thought was a Baptist only hymn because I have only heard it in the Baptist church.  I also thought it was only sang by one member of our community who I have heard sing it every Palm Sunday for three years.)  In the South - which is totally where that hymn had to originate you don't say Power but you say Pear no that's not even it you say Pah-arr, yes that is it.  It makes me laugh.  It is like the church morphs into a load of pirates.  Pargghhh!

There is pah-arr, pah-arr, wonder workin' pah-arr in the blood of the lamb.

God help any yankees who couldn't see the words.  They would be going - what the crap are these people singing?  There is pear in the blood?  Well that's healthy.

It was a good weekend.....

*************************************

So a little housekeeping - what are you doing for the Superbowl?  I smell a grill and some friends....better jump on that!

************************************

I had some recipe or food idea emails - I feel ya'll!  Sometimes it is hard to put together an idea for dinner.  So tonight I'm making oven hamburger steak nestled with onions, green peppesrs and mushrooms.  Our sides will be romaine salad and rice.  I will have pics and all that jazz for you tomorrow.

***********************************

My answer to the question of the day:   I don't want to be a jackass or a horse's ass.

***********************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!