Thursday, January 10, 2013

Batteries

My car hit 100K earlier this week and today she gave me the first ounce of trouble she ever has.....her battery died.
My battery is on low power today too.  We hit the ground running at six am and just now got a second to pull out the computer to put together a blog.  The baby is teething.  The preschooler is channeling her 16 year old self.  The grandma with alzheimers paid a visit.  These are battery draining devices but they are pretty in their own ironic and interesting way.
What do you do when your battery power drops?  Nap?  Grab a Dew?  Make some coffee?  Run in place for twenty minutes? Try to find a meth house?
When my battery begins to drop in power I generally pick up a caffienated drink, turn up the radio and push on.  Then I sleep super well that night.....if I dose my pinot correctly - is cheaper than Lunesta people!  Do not judge!

*******

A lot of sadness in our area today.  A young guy from a rival highschool lost his battle to cancer.  A lady whose boys I used to watch (a long long time ago) lost her grandpa.  My husband's middle school wrestling coach passed away.  So I guess its safe to say its not just my battery that is worn down today but a whole multitude of folks around.  Hugs to all them, thoughts and prayers as well.

*******

I love being a Southern chick. This weekend we will get a taste of spring which will undoubtedly lead to either a good snow or just introduce an all together early season of new life!  I live for some sunshine and dirt.  I grow well in it. 

My husband mentioned last month that he and I should get away on a hiking date - this would be the perfect weather for it and perhaps the perfect weekend.  However, life happens and there are things that have deadlines this weekend so we will probably pass up this beautiful weather chance for the next time the opportunity rolls around.  Get those batteries recharged at a later date.  Yeah I know boo. That is a crappy way to live but man cannot live by fun alone.....unless he has no responsibility then he can do whatever his heart desires (which as listed above probably does go to meth houses when his battery is drained).

I hope if the weather is good where you are you will take full advantage of it.  Get outside, unplug, spend time actually doing something with the people who make you happy.  You know the ones that recharge your battery.  This weekend only comes once in a life time so take advantage of it.

********

No recipe today - its a good day to do take out don't ya think?

********

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!