Sunday, January 20, 2013

What does God's laughter sound like?

God has a sense of humor.

Saturday afternoon while mopping the upstairs rooms of our house, music on, baby watching me from his exersaucer, beautiful day, sunshine coming in through the windows.  The scene is set.  Daughter and husband outside enjoying some sunshine.

I hear the door downstairs open and my husband kindly and calmly say my name.

Again he says it and the tone tells me something is wrong.  Oh my God my child is hurt and bleeding profusely and he's trying to be calm for her benefit.  That was what went through my brain as my pace began to gain speed down the stairs. 

I came around the corner and all I see is the storm door open and half my husband looking in.  Brace for impact, brace for impact!!!!

I walk closer and there it is......

I cannot tell you what went through my head because it was a huge blur from that point.  Here I had spent the previous 24 hours contemplating this very thing.  Now...it was staring me back in the face.  What the crap am I going to do?  Breathe.






Her name is Cathy.  She is stealth.  She freaks the crap out of me but my daughter (and husband, man points LOST) is smitten.

I guess when you pray on something so basic (and what seemed so silly)......you will get an answer.

I'm still a dog person.

***********************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!