Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration Day '13

1.21.13 - No school today.

I hope you had a great weekend.  Brownieworld was a happy place to be this weekend.  The weather was phenomenal - sunshine and short sleeves!  The kidlets were happy.  The hubby had Saturday off.  We squeezed in a date night that included a margarita (and for mere moments I was in a tropical locale contemplating a walk on the beach).  On Sunday my mom and I went to dinner and to see Lysa TerKeurst in Kernersville, NC.  The weekend wrapped up beautifully with me coming home to a house that my husband had nicely cleaned and two sleeping babies.

It is ok to be jealous.

Well, really its not ok to be jealous.

Ok here's the stuff I left out.  I have two teeth on my right side that are aching due to a cavity.  I had to take a leftover pain pill on Friday so I could sleep and ease my panic attack that the tooth was near abscess.  That one pill left me a zombie the entire twenty-four hour period that we called Saturday.  I cannot do any pain pill other than an Ibuprofen, one day I will realize that.  A cat showed up in the arms of my husband on Saturday.  This was an answer to a question posed to God - should I get a cat?  The clouds didn't part, the sky didn't open up, and thunderous voice did not say YES or NO!  But my husband showed up on my porch with a calico kitty in his arms and said "Look what we found" - that was a stressor.  Cats are freaking disease machines....I have two small children.  Oh my gah we are going to die of cat in our home disease! 

So now you may breathe.

Pefection is the story minus the details!!!!

***************************

I was not ready to wake up this morning.  I seriously needed one more hour of sleep. 

I have written this blog three times already and deleted it three times already.

I am armed with coffee and an almost five month old......let 'er roll.

***************************

Today is a day of tradition here in America.  As I type this Barack Obama is giving his first speech for his second term as president.  Tomorrow all will go back to normal.

I do not care for politics.  I personally see politics as not for the majority of people but for a select few people.  I get the "by the people part"....they do allow us to vote.  I view the House and Senate as overpaid and under examined, overrated and under informed by the people who matter....you and I.

If anyone in those two areas truly gave a damn about you and I....the little people....things may just be a bit different.  If they subjected themselves to the mandates and programs they force upon us they may get more respect from me. 

A government who cared about it's people would slash those salaries of theirs in half.  The half they were shed of would go towards their original premis - taking care of the nation's people.  The soldiers who put their life on the line for mere pennies.  The children whose parents have lost their jobs, homes, and food security.  The farmer whose crop - livelihood - failed to thrive in a drought. 

An American government that wasn't smeared would still be listening to its constituents.  There would be a respect for the regular man, woman, and child. 

A government for the greatest country in the world would not be bickering like children but would be working side by side using only the best ideas from both sides of the aisle to make this country truly the greatest country in the world for its children.  They would see the children who are catered to for every want and need.  And they would see the child who sustains his metabolic cycle on the items found in a bookbag from a humanitarian effort from a community group.

A government who would not just pull out a Bible for someone to swear upon for a testimony or promise for a job.  But they would pull out the Bible, Torah or Quran to find guidance in the hard decisions they face both on the scale of work and personal issue.

If our government, today, cared for this country - they would see the value in the basic dimension of family.  The importance of children having two parents that care for them and love them without end.  Family would be respected and protected.

No, I am not "proud" of my country.  But I do support my country.  I do not drip with patriotism but I drip with hope that my two children will not live in a dissolving stronghold of country their entire lives.  I also pray that this country never faces the hardships so many other nations' children face each and every day. 

Lastly, I may or may not have voted for Barack Hussein Obama.  In the end that just doesn't matter.  I subscribe to being a real Christian - not just a Sunday Christian but a Monday through Sunday Christian.  My faith tells me I am not the judge and I will never ever be the judge of any other person on this earthMy faith teaches me that Barack Obama and myself were both created by the same Great Creator who transforms this Universe.  Therefore, as a Christian, I have a duty - to support our president and to pray for him as he takes on another four years of guiding our country and making the decisions that no one in their right mind would want to be accountable for.

This country needs no more di-vision than it already has.  I just hope I am not alone in this thought.

*****************************

And to leave you with a smile - the most powerful man in DC today - Jay-Z - HOLLA!

****************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!