Wednesday, October 26, 2016

WUW October 2016



Good morning, sweeties!  Can I just start off this post by formally announcing October is the fastest freakin' month in the calendar year?  I say they are all super fast but this one kicked the up the speed to rocket blaster!  I'm sad about this.  I really love October and every year it just goes by faster and faster.  Well at least I have this monthly link up to reminisce a bit!

What We're Eating This Week


Back on the wagon of low carb low sugar.  Everything this week is savory and filling and minus potato products!  Summer returned to NC last week with highs in the mid 80's and that made any cravings for fall food fall by the wayside.  This week we're sitting in the sixties and seventies again so I'm warming up my kitchen with good stuff like...





Meatloaf This is not low carb at all but I wanted to share this recipe again because my husband and kids loved it so much.  
and



Of course I feel like it is super safe to say there will be Halloween candy floating around...eeeek!  Last week I had a pumpkin cake and a pumpkin pie in the house - that was dangerous.  I ended up making cake a meal one day and you guys know that is not me.  It was just too damn good!

What I'm Reminiscing About This Week...

One of NC's greatest - Biltmore Estate

Ha!  My hair has so grown since last year...about six inches!

The food.  Oh the food.

Hello Harrah's Cherokee...what a waste of money.




I guess it would be the norm to say Halloween but sorry, not doing that.  I am actually thinking about my birthday trip last year to Asheville.  The husband and I slipped away on a Friday and went to Biltmore Estate and then stayed the weekend in Asheville.  It was a fabulous, wonderful, perfect trip.  Wishing we could do that again this year but totally understanding we cannot I'm left to decide how I want to bring in number thirty-five.  Posting on that this week!


What I'm Loving...

being a woman, OCS, ADD, PMS:


Keeping my house pretty tidied up.  HA!  I know what a weird answer, right?  I get paid to keep other homes neat and tidy and organized.  When I can keep my own house in good order it is a reason to celebrate!


What We Have Been Up To...





The husband turned 34 this month and he has been working nearly every day of the week.  Or rather I should say he has been working every night of the week.

Our daughter has been super busy with swim and school.  She's been working with her dad on a wagon project for the pioneer unit they have been studying at school.

Our son is into everything.  He's a busy bear and so full of energy.

And then there is me...I planned a pretty OK Eat, Drink, Carve party!  I have been busy with work, workouts, and keeping my kiddos entertained.  Right now I'm squaring away how I want to celebrate my birthday this year.  Also, I'm working on my new avenue for writing and sharing and gabbing.  Details on that to come next week.

What I'm Dreading...

35th birthday designs coasters:


You know when I turned thirty I could have cared less.  Now that I'm turning thirty-five I am feeling a little weird.  Often I find myself asking just why this decade is flying by and also where the hell did my twenties go?  I feel like the thirties are the lost years.  We all know the twenties get all types of attention and let's not even get started on the forties but what about us thirty-somethings?  My outlook is actually not as bad as I may make it out to seem.  Thirty-five is a lot better than pushing up daisies and I'm grateful for every day I get to wake up and drink a pot of coffee, yell at the kids, roll my eyes at the husband, laugh with a friend, and fall asleep watching Netflix.


What I'm Working On...


All I am saying is

Furniture.


What I'm Excited About...

The NC State Wolfpack are the athletic teams representing North Carolina State University. Description from imgarcade.com. I searched for this on bing.com/images:
Very proud of my Wolfpack this year.  They beat Notre Dame in the mud and gave Clemson a run for their money.  


On Saturday we are headed to the NCSU v Boston College game!  It is also homecoming for NCSU!  Woo hoo, I'm so excited to go to Raleigh for the day - it has been way too long.  I traded services (cleaning, get your mind out of the gutter) with our friends Meredith & Adam for the tickets and Adam assures me we are in a terrific and fun section to watch the game with.  State has had a pretty good season beating Notre Dame (sorry, Andrea) and giving Clemson a run for their money.  I know BC isn't the best in football (Sorry, Luke K.) but I do think we will enjoy the game immensely!


What I'm Watching....

Danny said this! Story of our life: Real Housewives of NJ. Lol:


I should just copy and paste this every month.  Of course Real Housewives of Orange County!  The RHONJ too.  Just like every other blogger I have fallen victim to This Is Us.  The Middle is back so I am loving that to pieces.  The Goldbergs and Speechless are two favorites both old and new.

SEASON 3 PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 28 10/9C AND WE'VE BEEN PICKED UP FOR SEASON 4! Need to catch up? Seasons 1 & 2 are now available on demand and on the TV Land app: http://www.tvland.com/shows/younger/watch-younger-now:

Younger is back and it is one of my most favorite shows on cable television.  I guess now is the best time to admit I have also been watching Catching Kelce which is ridiculous.  Oh and maybe Don't Be Tardy has been on my television too.  Eeeek!

The Total Tutor Neil Haley will interview Crystal Gail of E! Network's Catching Kelce. Crystal Gail, no not the country singer, is Florida's Most Eligible Bachelorette! Each Wednesday, Crystal will appear on E! Network's Catching Kelce as one of 50 eligible girls to date and potentially marry the single professional athlete. One girl from each state will vie for his love and affection, who doesn't love Florida! A South Florida native and the face of Wow Wear, Crystal has held multiple pageant...:
He is very nice looking but not a massive person like that other TE that I'm kinda like oozing slobber over...you can guess that guy's name.


Every Monday, Thursday, and Sunday I watch football.  You know this if you follow me on Snap Chat!

I haven't been to the movies in ages but I'm really wanting to head that way and see a few films that are out.  I type that and totally forget the titles...nice move.

What I'm Reading...


I am sad to report I have no desire to read at the current time.  I do good to read any of my magazines on my night stand or to get to blogs - that is pitiful.  I'm working on it.


What I'm Listening To...





Hold your tongues...Top 40.  I'm over country music so I just switch on pop and hip hop now.  I mean if you think about it country is now bro country or pop country so <eye roll> whatever.  The song I stop what I am doing and belt out is Charlie Pouf & Selena Gomez's We Don't Talk Anymore.  I also find it weird that I'm really liking a song that surpasses the level of stupid known to man - Gold.  I swear I had no clue what this girl was saying and when I googled the lyrics I was still like - no she's not saying that.



It is almost time for Christmas music....

What I'm Wearing....

Clothes...
At the gym - but I take off the hoodie and wear my orange tank....

I wear cute clothes too but haven't thought to take a picture.  Oops.  I will try to do better with this in the future...bahahahahahaha, I crack me up.



What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Heading to ole Raleighwood to see the Pack play!


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month....

Image result for big changes
Via quotesgram


So much, guys!  First off the election will be over so no more debate and ads - woo hoo!  Second, my birthday.  I'm also looking forward to a 5k and our friends' Heather & Josh's annual chicken stew (perfect timing - it is immediately following the 5k for me).  Then there is the BIGGIE - my favorite holiday...Thanksgiving!!!  Our tradition goes strong for year eight - Blowing Rock for lunch and then Greene Tree Farm for a fabulous NC Tree!  I hope to spend November sipping wine with good friends and making many fabulous memories.


What Else Is New...

> pinterest: ellemartinez99 <:


I'm excited and hope I won't lose you!  Next Tuesday you can find out where to find me from that point forward.  Thanks for making ABW such a fun work of life!


xoxoxox-
Amanda

Follow me on Snap Chat @ abullnojoke











No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!