Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday!

Yay for Friday!  I'm so glad the weekend is here and I am ready to personally have a fantastic one.  Today I'm looking back on the week and sharing a few things with you that I personally enjoyed.  There is also a bit of news in this post too so read on, lovely!

Oh and yes, I am linked up today with....

Katie @ Cup of Tea Blog
Christina @ Carolina Charm Blog
Andrea @ Momfessionals Blog

****

It's gettin' hot out here....

This week has been a total Indian Summer week.  Temperatures had been hanging out in the sixties and seventies but this week we shot back up to the mid eighties.  You read this blog you know I love hot weather and I love summer!  However, I prefer it to be cool from Halloween until January 2nd.  Then summer is more than welcome to come early!

Our son had his preschool fall festival on Monday.  We visited one of his classmate's little farm.  It was so much fun!  While the kids were enjoying the horsies and chickies I was enamoured with the house.  The entire property was beautiful and the family was equally so.





It was about eighty degrees during this event!  But that didn't stop the kiddos from making s'mores by the fire!  I loved it!



Can I also say that their chickens stole my heart.  I have run of the mill Rhode Islands and Barred Rock.  The Love Family has more heritage breeds that are much larger birds and just gorgeous.



Yes, I called a chicken gorgeous.  I love birds.  Just like me my son is a sucker for animals...even if they are common to him and we have them at home too!



The fall festival was enjoyed by all of us.  I'm so glad I am able to attend my kiddo's sweet little events with their school friends.  It is one of those little blessings you kind of take for granted!  I got this great shot before the boys had their snack.  These three guys are 75% of their class!!!  They are each adorable and sweet and filled with goodness.  I hope they always stay that way!


Fall no matter what!

Even though it is warmer than usual (or not NC Octobers are a bit schizo) we're still doing up the season just right!



The kids painted pumpkins over the weekend and then little wooden decorations on Thursday.  I also painted a pumpkin this week but of course I failed to take any pictures unless you have Snap Chat.

That's my cue to shamelessly plug my Snap Chat.  If you aren't my Snap Buddy then you totally should be I bring something new to the table!  It is called the Random Assortment.  Check me out by adding abullnojoke to your friends list!

Trucking along...we were talking about fall right?

A couple weeks ago when my grandmother passed away my mother-in-law (I have two, no I'm not a member of sister wives or brother husbands lol cracks me up) sent me a beautiful arrangement.  It was on my Instagram (abrownieworld) on the 6th.  Well two weeks passed and the flowers began to wilt.  I'm not much on letting anything wilt in my life.  I believe it bringing stuff to life even when everyone else says - that's gone.  (Getting deep.)  So I grabbed my shears and an old milk bottle and began the process of salvaging the little ones that were still filled with happy color and life.



There is just something about flowers, dirt, and plants that makes me feel adequate.

And finally - The Big Announcement.

If you follow the blog's Facebook page then you know that on Wednesday I made this announcement:


Yes, I am shutting this blog down.  Ugh, guys, it was a hard decision.  This has been my baby for nearly four years!  A piece of my every day!  A tool of connection!

There are many reasons that I have decided to let ABW go.  The biggest one is that the girl who started this blog isn't the same girl she was when she wrote that first post on January 1, 2013.  Now when I log in to write in this space I just do not feel connected with it anymore.  The blog is best described as random and that is also a fabulous description of the author but its time I did something a little more relevant to who I am today.

The sweetest messages, texts, and emails have rolled in since I shared I'm shutting this down.  You guys are so kind!  Though this chapter is closing I can promise you that I'm not leaving all together.  I do have another little gig starting up.  The information for that will be up in the next week and a half.  I will post out on this blog directions on where to find me as the time draws nearer.

Just know I thank you for reading this blog and loving on me and making me laugh!  I hope you will stick around when I close down shop.

And that is that.

Now let's go have a great weekend!  I have a whole bunch of stuff on tap and I'll have a recap next week.  Be safe.

xoxoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!