Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pumpkin Party Prep! #2

Happy Tuesday!!!  I am so loving linking up with Our Pretty Little Girls to keep my upcoming pumpkin carving party organized and planned.  This week I'm coming at you with another post of prep for a good October party that happens to have a pumpkin theme!  We're talking shopping today so grab a PSL (or caramel mach if you're me) and let's get to work.

Pumpkin Purchasing

Anyone who takes the time to be kind is beautiful.
Via tumbler

I never really thought of pumpkins being an expensive purchase before this year.  In years prior I would head to Harris Teeter and snatch up two pumpkins to carve and two to paint and be out maybe $20.  

This year I am looking to grab up roughly twenty pumpkins...

Being a savvy shopper I have decided to check three locations for good pumpkin prices -

1.  The local farmer's market outside of Greensboro
2.  Sam's Club
3.  Walmart

I am hoping that the farmer's market can blow my socks off with a good deal.  Fingers crossed on that one.  Our truck bed will need to have jack pumpkins and pie pumpkins decorating the bed and hopefully for under $50.

Food

Crescent Roll Mummy Hot Dogs - Aren’t they scary sweet?:
Via Sugar Apron

Last week I shared that I'm making chili for this event.  Luckily, that works out because the temperature around the time of the event will be in the low to mid sixties!  I've also decided to make some mummy dogs and or pigs in a blanket to go with it.

Guess where I am headed to stock up on ingredients?

Yep, Sam's Club.  I have found that all beef hotdogs are way cheaper there and being that it is the holiday season (yes, I said that because retail says it is) I think I can score a massive pack of crescent rolls.  Ground beef prices are also a lot more economical at the larger club stores saving me around 20 cents per pound as compared to the my favorite grocery store.

I'm not supplying alcohol but I am supplying water and juice boxes.  Another score at the club store!

Paper Products & Decor



There is no doubt about it...and I should mention here I am NOT getting paid to continually say club store; but the club store is getting my dollar for these purchases too.

Also, I haven't ruled out creating my own cute plates for the event!

via bhg


I don't have a lot of decorations for Halloween so I'm thinking I may go pick up a few strands of lights and maybe just maybe a few ceramic pumpkins.  

Goody Bags

Image result for halloween goodie bags

What can I say I share a common bond with Mili Wife - I love to make treat bags.  I have decided to whip some up for the kids coming out to the party.  And while I am at it I am going to make some for my son's preschool and my daughter's class and my clients.  Another club store save there...

I will be snapping my shopping trip so check it out later in the week!  Where do you like to purchase your pumpkin party/fall party goods?  Have you seen any awesome ideas for a fall/pumpkin party lately?  I'm so excited to see if you can share!


xoxoxoxo
Amanda

SnapChat abullnojoke
Instagram abrownieworld
Twitter abrownieworld
Facebook  /abrownieworld

pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!