Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What A Weekend!



Hello friends!  It has been a hot minute hasn't it?  I miss you guys and blogging daily and maybe soon I'll be able to get organized and find time to do it regularly again.  Until then let me tell you about our weekend.

Friday!

Every 70+ year old on the store was commenting on my rare buggy of gourdnes.



I spent Friday morning and afternoon shopping.  Yeah, no, not the fun kind!  Shopping for our Eat, Drink, Carve Party.  I was in Sam's a little longer than expected thanks to locking my keys in my car.  Eeeek!  Luckily, the hubby was able to bring my spare key.  Since I had to stretch my time out a little more in there I decided to go ahead and walk through the Christmas section (something I had planned to not do that day, I'm not ready!) and I kind of fell in love with this little (ok, kind of large) decoration!


Saturday night my kiddos spent partying and playing at our YMCA and mama got some down time.  I had planned to do all this stuff for the party but ended up in sweats, on the couch, watching Don't Be Tardy.  I know, I know that is shameful.  You know what else is shameful?  Me watching Catching Kelce.  When I admit this to you I feel the need to apologize profusely.

Saturday!

This was my work look.  Pig tails, don't care, let's rock!



If you follow me on SnapChat then you spent Saturday with me by watching my story.  If you don't follow me on SnapChat then do so right this minute - abullnojoke is my username.


So Saturday was the official party day and I was super busy all day long.  I woke up and put the chili together in the crock pot so it could cook the day away.  I did housework (which was a total joke since the kids were home).  The kids and I made a Dollar Gentral (General) run to pick up a few last minute things for the party.  My mom came by while I was working outside and washed dishes and picked up the kids' messes - that was sweet!  I rounded up my pre party time making corn bread muffins, pigs in blankets, and using a large amount of dry shampoo on my hair because I ran out of time to shower....#honesty.

The party was really fun!  We had such a good group of people here and the kids had a blast together.  Harper enjoyed painting and running around with Luke.  Camryn and Abby were having the best girl time ever.  The littlest ones just enjoyed being on the move in our very big and very mountainous back yard - sorry Candice!


We had so much good food!  Between Brenden's jalapeno poppers and Candice's cookie bars and Kendra's apple dip....oh my goodness!


Pumpkin carving was a hoot!  Some people cheated - stencils hahahaha!  Some people used Pinterest...Heather's Mason jar.  Some people just carved and laughed - myself.


So the verdict is this...I'm going to do this again next year!  Except I'll make some tweaks here and there to make it even better for everyone.  Being a little OCD mixed with ADD I think I will set up a bit differently and with all the kids having another year of age of them I'll be able to do things a little better!  Oh and I will take A LOT more pictures :(

Sunday


My daughter woke up not feeling too great.  I sent her back to bed.  My son woke up happy and ready to go.  I sent him to the play room with paper and stickers LOL.  We skipped church like bad, bad people. <wink>


Sunday was just kind of lazy.  I cleaned up all the party stuff, washed the sheets on all the beds, watched football, just was a semi lazy bum.

You may have noticed my husband wasn't mentioned very much in this post.  He's working seven days a week now and it is very wearing on us all.  I hope that this week we get to hang out a little more :)

And that was the weekend...pretty fab!

xoxoxo-
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!