Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday, May I?

Photo: Monday you are so difficult after a holiday break.  Be easy, please!

A few years ago when this kid named Royal was my blogging bestie we posted Monday, May I?  Every week.  Actually she did it first and since I was new I just copied her.  Royal no longer blogs because she moved to Raleigh and is living the posh life.  But here I am bringing it back to life because I'm in Winston and living the not-so-posh life.  LOL!  <3 ya Royal!

The point behind Monday, May I?  was basically sharing three goals for the week and making yourself accountable for them.  Every Monday, I check back on what I posted the week before and share if I met the goals or if I epic failed them.

Sometimes my goals are vanilla but sometimes they are rocky road swirled with black olives, deviled eggs, and 80's LL Cool J.

This week...

So THAT'S the conversation they're having!?!  #jointpain #muscleknots #MixedConnectiveTissueDisease:


You may know I have Achilles tendinitis and it sucks.  You may also be aware that last Wednesday I really hurt my knee.  It wasn't a major shock since the knee has been less than stellar for a couple months now but after roundhouse kicking and lunges and probably holding an inappropriate stance in the boxing portion of Wednesday's work out I totally blew my knee.  It was pretty bad.  I couldn't really walk or bare weight on my right leg.  P.S. my right heel is the one that has tendinitis - total score there huh? It turns out I have a very common problem for people who do more running than anything else - Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.  If you have had it then you know how freaking bad it hurts. I took off three days from working out last week and that left me feeling like crap - my leg felt a little better but as far as my whole self I felt like poop.  So this week my goal is to ease back into my work outs giving caution to my right knee and foot.  This is difficult for me because I do not like to ease into anything at all.  I'm a head first person.  So um yeah this will be hard.

You&#39;re not truly a parentuntil you&#39;ve swatted blindlyinto the backseat ofthe car hoping toconnect with a kid.


Goal number two is a pretty easy one.  I want to vacuum out my crumb catcher a.k.a. my car. Once upon a time when I had no children my car stayed so nice and tidy.  I vacuumed it out at least twice a week and Armour All-ed it once a week.  Ahh that was a decade ago and my how times have changed.  My backseat is littered with the evidence of children - books, cups, wrappers, crayons (eek), Legos, toys.  The front is littered with the proof a mom drives the car - coffee cups galore, mail, calendars, work out clothes.  Yes, I need to regain autmobile control.



via GIPHY
And...finally my last goal is this:  Both kids have fall break at the end of the week so I want to have some fun stuff for them to do.  My daughter's school is hosting their annual Fall Festival on Thursday night.  Can I be very, blatantly honest with you and tell you I am not a fan of school events?  Really, I'm not.  But because my kid is all about it I guess I will take her the 300 yards from our humble abode and let her run around with her friends.  (Oh man I just remembered I have to bake a cake for this event!) 

OK there are my three goals...

Do you have some goals for this busy week of October?  Do you have anything fun on the calendar this week?  I'm so interested, so share!

My boyfriend & I had such a hard time getting up this morning!:

xoxoxo
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!