Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What A Weekend!




Look whose back...back again...Brownie's back...back again.

Last week was physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting.  I missed my blog buddies and am so thankful for those of you who Snapped me, emailed, and texted.  Part of this big party called life is leaving the party and though it is a joyful thing if you're ninety and have been battling dementia/Alzhemier's for just short of a decade it is also very wearing and tearing and draining as a mofo.

How poetic was that?

But in all the sadness and gloom there is happy to be found and I call that - The Weekend.

Friday


These came on Thursday from my mother-in-law in South Carolina.



Well guys we woke up to rain, rain, rain.  It also happened to be the day we did the whole bury the ashes, stand in a meet and greet line (it is awkward to be hit on while you're standing there in the honor of a dead person) for an hour, and listen to the minister from RHONJ pray my grandma into heaven over and over (seriously, she didn't need that.)


Post funeral, birthday midday, cold and rainy porch selfie.


Oh yeah...it was my husband's birthday too!  What a way to celebrate!  At least he had pound cake for his breakfast.  And all was not lost because he was serenaded after the funeral by my aunts, cousins, and their friends to the tune of Happy Birthday.

I took in five million too many carbs.

Really, that is all I remember about Friday.  Oh wait, wait, wait - we traded the copious amounts of Bojangles Chicken for a trip to La Carretta for dinner!

Yo quiero comida de mexicana

My sweet girl's first experience with death in our family.  She's pretty resilient and did a great job.  She also loved the attention from so many people...diva.



Saturday


So this kid (storm) named Matthew came on up from Florida to visit.  Those sweet texts checking on us - you guys are so awesome!  However, I don't live near the coast or sand hills for that matter so we were all good!  We had loads of rain and wind but we were golden.  Unfortunately, our state-mates along the coast did not fare very well.  Keep them in your prayers and if you can donate through the Red Cross please do!


My kids went off with their step grandpa for the morning and you know where I went....the gym.  Ahhh I just smile when I think of it.  I did a good and hard five miles climbing and running and also taught one little bad ass that if you get on an eliptical and leave your resistance and incline at 1-1 you really aren't a bad ass at all.

After the gym I hit up Walmart. No words.

I spent the afternoon doing housework and being lazy.  Why?  Because I had to rest up for a night out for the husband's birthday!  

Goobers.



Selfie bowling...pretty sweet.



Guys, we had such a fabulous time with Heather and Josh!  We ate at Logan's Road House and then took it to the bowling alley for three hours.  While we were there they shifted into cosmic bowling and that's the closest I've been to being a in a club in about five years so I was eating it up. 

This is crack.  This crack is not wack.  This crack will have you running the track.  

 I was also eating up funnel cake fries like it was my j-o-b.  Then Josh got nachos and it was all downhill. 
Heather and I.  Not saying we're like pro bowlers but we're like mediocre bowlers LOL!

Heather and I decided it was time to plan a trip to the beach and go dancing because there are few things in life that are necessary - getting away and going dancing being two of them.

Sunday

Why do I love helping out with Power Hour?  Because Ms. Cristy is amazeballs at setting everything up.  It is so much fun working with the little folks and not having to worry about prep because that woman has done it all!  She's fabulous!



So I'm old.  We got home Sunday morning about 1AM and I had to be up and at 'em by 8AM because it was my Sunday to lead Preschool Power Hour.  No worries, I felt good!  The little man and I left the hubs and daughter in the bed and took it on over to the church.  I had to sweetest group of babies!  They were all just precious.  We learned "God Loves Us" and shared it with each other over and over and ate Cheeze-Its like they were going out of style.  (OK I didn't but they rocked them out.)


When we were driving home I started feeling really crappy.  God loves us but God was saying, "You're too old to stay out to 1AM.  Sorry, I love you.  Go to bed."  After a trip to get Mexican cuisine for lunch I took it to the bed and cat napped for the brunt of an hour.  I'm not a napper so that was incredibly hard.

Cat napped - I need a cat.  Like just for about a week.  Here's the deal Sunday showed me it really is fall and summer is so far away and winter cannot wait to punch me in the face.  I know it is fall when...

*It is sixty-eight degrees out and I'm freezing
*We end up turning on the heat because the idea of a low of 43 is too much to take
*There are mice visiting

Like clockwork we have two mice shacking up in our home.  One in the kitchen/living room and the other in my closet.  Those little shits.  I can admit to the fact my fear of mice is real.  OK I'm not afraid of them in that way you are afraid of being mauled by a tiger but the fact they are quiet and have no problem running over your foot when you're brushing your teeth (or peeing, ask my husband) is a big issue for me.

We baited traps - yes we believe in the murder of mice, go ahead hate me haters - with chocolate, peanut butter, and sunflower seeds.  Then you learn they prefer cotton goods.  Yeah, like towels, clothes, stuffing from toys.

I'm over it.

While I was at my mom's I went out to see these girls.  It is crazy how if you feel tired or stressed just hanging out with them can ease off any anxiety.  

The old one who normally stands back came right up to me for a muzzle rub.  She's a sweet girl.


Sunday night my mom's husband made dinner for my husband's birthday - NY Strip!  Then we came home to wrestle our kids into going to bed.  Our night concluded with a bonfire and an adult beverage.

Monday brought the death of the mouse.  YAY!!!!

I hope your weekend rocked!  Let's keep in touch add me on SnapChat - abullnojoke; Instagram - abrownieworld; Check the Facebook Page facebook.com/abrownieworld; and on Twitter @abrownieworld

xoxoxo

Amanda

This post is on Tuesday Talk.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!