Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tasty Tuesday



I made this dish a few weeks ago that my husband refers to as Mexican Meatloaf.  I kinda get the name he gave it and I will stick with it.

Oh and this was the night I decided a new camera was in order.  Seriously....this pic is horrid.  I apologize.  Luckily, I got a great deal on a new camera and so from this point forward you should have more appetizing pictures.  Woo hoo!


Manda's Mexican Meatloaf

What you need:
1 pound of ground beef or turkey (I use turkey)
1 green bell pepper, dice it (I used a medium size one)
1 yellow onion, dice it (Once again medium sized)
1 jar of medium salsa (I used Old El Paso Thick n Chunky)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of EVOO
1 1/2 cups of tortilla chips (I used Tostito's Scoops but its not going to matter what you use)
I stick of butter
4 cups of cheese (2 Fiesta Blend, 2 Cheddar....or just use all Fiesta Blend)

O.K. mis amigos here's what to do:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

Pull out your food processor, Ninja, whatever you use and pulse those 1 1/2 cups of chips to bits...like literally tiny bits.

Melt your butter then in a bowl stir together your melted butter and tortilla chip bits.  Its just like making a crust for cheesecake except its not sweet.

Put this crust on the bottom of a 9x13 dish.

Step one is finito.


In a skillet, on medium heat, place your EVOO.

Now throw in your bell pepper, onion, garlic, and ground meat.

Let it cook...mmm smells good.

Get that meat brown!

After the skillet contents are cooked drain off that grease and fat.  Bye bye calories!

In a bowl (use the one you used for the crust, no point in having to clean ANOTHER bowl) toss in your contents from the skillet along with the salsa.  Stir it all together.

Now stir in 2 cups of the cheese.

Spoon this goodness onto the crust you prepared earlier.  Make sure you evenly coat it.

Take those other two cups of cheese and spread over the top.

Put that good food in the oven and bake it for about 30 minutes.

Then devour.




See ya later....


2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!