Monday, October 10, 2016

Let Me Have The Honor - My Shitty Kitchen!


It is that time again!  Time for me to introduce you to a blogger who I simply adore.  This month I'm bringing you over to My Shitty Kitchen.  OK, not my own shitty kitchen but Missy's blog My Shitty Kitchen.  Missy is based out of The Big Easy - New Orleans.  She is a lawyer who like me keeps the carbs to a bare minimum and loves to have a good time.  This past summer I was eating up all of Missy's travels in her posts *she was a true jet setter* and also trying to mimic all of her fabulous recipes. I don't think her kitchen is too shitty anymore! So guys, please meet my girl Missy!




How long have you been blogging?

As of October 10th when you publish this it will be 1 year 10 months and 13 days.

Why do you blog?

I started it to get over a nasty breakup that caused me to seriously downgrade my living situation and fabulous lifestyle.  That's all over now, so now I do it to keep me eating healthy, trying new recipes, sharing my love of cooking and to keep up with all my new blogger pals, like you!

How did you decide on the name of your blog?  Which, P.S. ROCKS!

The "divorce" apartment had a really crappy kitchen (so does my beautiful historic home now, but for different, less crappy reasons).  My hilarious friend kept putting the hashtag #myshittykitchen on all of my instagram posts and calling it that so I decided to try it out and it stuck, despite the profanity.  Not that I don't have a potty mouth because I do ;)



What is your most prized possession and why?

My cast iron skillet.  I pretty much use it every day and I have had it for so long it is seasoned to perfection.  I cook anything and everything in it.  I have lived in 6 different houses in the past 6 years so I have purged down to the good stuff; this question was surprisingly easy to answer!

 If I were to visit you for a weekend this fall what would we get into?

Hello, it's New Orleans, what wouldn't we get into?!  Friday night we would head to Bacchanal and have wine, cheese, small plates and jazz music on bad patio furniture.  Saturday we would walk around and bar/architecture hop in the Garden District, then head to Hollygrove Market and grab a box of produce and some yummy local meat and cook dinner at my house and eat it al fresco on the porch with some of my friends.  Sunday we would head to Bayou Beer Garden for the Saints game and then head over to Bayou Wine Garden next door to drown our sorrows after they lose.  Then we would head to Parkway Bakery for a po boy.

Knowing you are a food connossieur what is your favorite dish to make?

I love the process of making Gumbo.  The chopping, the roux, the stockmaking.  It is a labor of love.  But my favorite staple to make is a clean out the fridge tortilla pizza.  Just throw it all on there and it is so quick, healthy and delicious!

Are you going to celebrate Halloween this year?  If so, how?

I am usually at Voodoo Fest for Halloween. But this year it is a weekday so I will probably be handing out candy from my porch and having some Halloween inspired food and drink!

 I win the lotto and send you $25K what are you going to do with it?

If you would have asked me 6 months ago I would have said buy a house.  But now that I have been bit by the travel bug I would plan a badass culinary and architecture trek through Europe.  Well, go on, I kind of already have it planned just in case I (or a nice benefactor) win ;) 



Now that you have met Missy it is time to connect with her!

Social media:  Facebook Pinterest  Instagram Twitter 
Snapchat name: missyquiggs 

xoxoxox

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!