Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Birthday Planning....How To Celebrate #35

Wuzzup rose buds?  Over here I'm busy with something...probably work and breaking up a kid fight or two.  Ya know the joys of every day living.

Before I go further - Gronk is mentioned twice in this post.  I feel the need to let you know that.  Because, um, because it is a birthday post and birthday + Gronk = Happy Birthday.

Worked with someone who fit this. Bless em Lord!:

Sometimes, during this part of October, I slip away (mentally) into thinking about what I will do to celebrate me.  Why this time of year?  Because my birthday is around the corner.  

its my birthday memes - Google Search:

I like to plan birthday parties.  I can only think of one adult birthday I did not plan. It was number thirty.  My husband surprised me with a birthday party at a local bar.  We don't have much in this little map dot town, folks.  But it was super fun.  My closest friends were there, we danced, we karaoked, and just had a lot of fun.

This year I wanted to have another super fun time like that.

Or I wanted to skip town.  I mean this is an increment of five birthday so it deserves to be celebrated in a mighty fine way.  Right?

Meh.

Now is the time I tell you I let the dancing "electric slide" out of the plan, the get away got away, and I have decided on a nice dinner at a favorite restaurant. Last week I used Facebook (love it) to invite some of my favorite non relatives human friends who make me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Photo by Kyle Clauss:
This is the way I think I should bring in 35.

We will be headed to Downtown Winston-Salem which is one of my favorite places until I realize how freaking dead it is.  Don't let them fool you when they advertise it is a happening spot - most times it is quiet as can be and nothing is open.  Wow, I'm bashing my back yard pretty bad.  Let me retract that statement and say - There's plenty to do (eat) and lots of fun (a couple bars) and the city never sleeps (except from about 11:30pm-10am).  

Never fear:  There is always my back yard after dinner....complete with a fire pit and I may can get my weird little brother to bring his guitar (he is super great at picking a guitar.)

----

Cue the segue...

she was beginning to worry… did she look like a monkey? did she smell like one too?:

My mother gave me a gift certificate for a facial and I'm thinking I may use that on the day we actually celebrate my birthday (the day before my actual birthday, yes I am trying to confuse you.) 

stevie wonder happy birthday meme - Google Search:

This is where I interject that I would have loved to celebrate birthdays with my Ashley but that did not pan out.

I love to shop during my birthday week and this year my eye is set on Old Navy just because I have $45 in rewards there.  That's pretty fabulous if you ask me.



One of the best parts of my birthday (this year) is my friend Meredith cleaned out her closets and has a few bags of stuff for me to go through.  Yes, I love hand me downs for my birthday!  She had no clue that she totally made my day/week/month!

super green roses, dahlias, echinacea pods, fuchsia cockscomb, sage, vibernum berries, and unripe blackberries:
Via

I am toying with the idea of buying myself a pretty bouquet of flowers.  Generally, I do not get flowers.  I was the girl who always rolled her eyes at flowers because they die.  Now for some reason I see cut flowers and I'm jumping up and down.  My husband bought me an adorable jar of them at Valentine's Day and his mom sent me the gorgeous ones at the passing of my grandma.  What can I say?  I'm a flower junkie - cut ones too.

With all the regulations I deal with in my job everyday I soooo need this!!   Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/220706177/regulators-mount-up-coffee-mug-black-and:

Coffee dates...that's something I'm going to do this coming birthday week.  A friend from high school I have reconnected with and slowly I'm getting her to work out with me since our daughters are in swim together.  I mentioned grabbing coffee one night after swim and just chatting.  She was all for it.  It turns out, moms, we're a lot a like.  Between raising the future, working, and trying to get some rest we forget friendships and the importance of conversation and laughter.  I also think I'll schedule a few other coffee dates because my in-laws generally give me some DD love for my birthday.  And you know how I feel about some Dunkin...


This year I want to support our church's soup mission so for my birthday I'm registering for the Souper 5K.  My husband is going to join me...I'll walk for him (slacker).  

The alcohol, mebbe. I recalled going to a cocktail bar started by my sis and her friends. The guy whom i was attempting to date then (i really wasn't that into him) got miffed that i smiled back at a bartender who was being extra attentive that night. Dude, it's called courtesy. And, come on, he's friendly because i'm his boss' sister. Special instructions by his boss to give me whatever i want that night because it's my birthday treat. One of the reasons why i called it off not long after.:

And then there's vodka.  You know I'm a Cabernet connoisseur well I'm also a Vodka enthusiast.  Mainly Vodka, tonic, and cranberry.  This will be the drink of the week.  So feel free to mail me a fifth of Absolut.

And that is how I will probably celebrate trienta y cinco.

xoxoxoxox-
Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!