Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tasty Tuesday

One day, I swear, I will share my recipes that I adore with you (again.)  I mean complete with the pictures and everything.  Right now, I just can't.  I'm too busy with work and life to do that.  Admitting:  I kind of miss the days when I could take my time making a dish and taking pictures.  However, a pay check kinda outweighs that mess!

You guys know that I work out 5-6 times a week.  My gym time is a precious, much needed component to my existence.  It is the time I eliminate the anger, worry, and frustration and clear my mind.  Part of working out can be getting your nutrition in order too.  I may have a nutrition background but I don't preach it or always follow it.  That's a great precursor to this post ha!  


Today I'm sharing my eating habits with you - the ones I do on the daily (M-F).  


6:20AM
Nectar of the gods, I swear!
That's my wake up time.  The first thing I do is grab a cup of coffee.  I drink my coffee black so there's not calories and fat added to it.  Yes, technically you should drink a cup of water to start your day but I prefer adding to dehydration waking up with flavor.

7:00 AM

My go to for bread at breakfast!

Breakfast time for me can be any of the following:
One egg on a 100 cal English Muffin with yogurt and fresh fruit
One egg, toast,  two slices of turkey bacon
And sometimes...
A Slim Fast Vanilla Shake (not the premade) and fresh fruit

10:00 AM
My total favorite flavor!
Snack - but only if I get hungry not just to snack.
Greek Yogurt (Oikos)


12:00 PM

These are really great and healthy options for your breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I am a freak for Flatout Wraps.  These bad boys are great to have on hand for breakfast (make burritos) or lunch.  They have half the calories and half the carbs of regular wraps.  Being that I'm not a fan of regular sandwich bread (Yuck! Thick bread that isn't from a steakhouse is NOT acceptable!) this makes the wraps a major winner.

My lunch wrap consists of:  2 slices (medium thickness) of oven baked turkey breast (Try Sara Lee), a handful of raw spinach, three to four diced cherry tomatoes, and one tablespoon of ranch dressing for dipping or to drizzle on the wrap.


To go along with the wrap I generally have a bowl of fresh fruit - I'm a berry lover.  



3:00 PM

Image result for life choice cookie dough protein bars
Yes, I have shared them before.  Non-chalky and delicious!
Protein bar time!  My preferred protein bar is Life Choice Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Generally, I'm done after this bar.  I work out and drink a lot of water and I am not hungry for dinner.  I do feed my kids so do not worry about the littles!  They are taken care of.


Notes:
I drink water and coffee - no sodas or sweet tea.  Now, mind you on the weekends I allow myself one soda if I really want one.  In place of calorie filled drinks I may have an evening glass of cabernet.  I am human and I love supporting viticulture.

No Bake Energy Bites -- easy to make, full of protein, and perfect for breakfast, snacking, or dessert! | gimmesomeoven.com:
Pin it here!

I make a point of not eating anything after 7PM.  Unless I go to the gym late then I'll pop some energy bites afterwards.

There's a book called Sitting Down is Killing You  - I believe it!

Sedentary is the key word for this meal plan of mine.  I work in a professional learning environment (haha that kills me) so a lot of my time is sitting or standing at a lecturn.  I'm not burning calories like mad at work (devastating.)  If you think about it most jobs that are not manual labor are extremely sedentary - watch your calories!  A few nursing friends realized that though their Fitbit says they walk 5 miles a day they aren't really burning the calories they thought they were and are fighting the poundage this winter.  So be careful!

My go-to dinner is always a spinach salad and lean meat or boiled eggs.  Monday-Friday I just do not feel hungry for dinner.  On the weekends...I'm ready for dinner!  If I do get the pangs for a meal during the work week I will go with spinach salad and chicken breast.  But guys....I'm so crazy over boiled eggs I'll take them instead!

I cheat.  Sometimes all I want is a Snicker's bar and I get it.  On the weekends I'll eat a little more of what I want instead of what I need.  Take this past weekend for example.  My breakfast was horrible (cinnamon rolls) but I went insane at the gym and more than likely burned it off only to go get a Club Sandwich (thick with cheese, ham, turkey, bacon, and mayo) for lunch.

My guilty pleasure is chocolate chips straight outta the bag.

Out of this World Carrot Cake Recipe with Callie's Cream Cheese Icing ~ Seriously, so delicious:
Shut up and go away.  Just kidding, come here!  All 16 pieces!

And we won't even talk about how my mom called to tell me she made a carrot cake....


So there's my Tasty Tuesday and a glimpse of what/how I eat.  Maybe you'll be inspired to try something new with your diet or make some changes or even give me some feedback on some of your favor










10 comments:

  1. My guilty pleasure is cookies with icing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - the cupcake cookies are so freakin' delicious....geeez I want one now!

      Delete
  2. Get outta town right now.... I am currently eating the Oikos Key Lime and it us my ALL TIME FAVORITE too!!!! I would attach a picture of me eating this if I could, lol. And I cheat too, got PB M AND M's in my bag today. Hey, life and workout time is way more important than food pics and I think this is a great post!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stuff is amazing - the yogurt and PB M&M's are my favorite! We are soul sisters obviously!!! xoxoxoxo Amanda

      Delete
  3. These are some really great ideas! Sometimes i feel like i'm always eating the same thing every day. It'll be nice to switch it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way a lot of the time! I'm glad you like these ideas and you want to try them, yay!

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! Have you made a pizza on the flatout bread? It's a good dinner option and you can make it 1,000 different ways with whatever you have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to search those ideas up! I'm all for pizza :)

      Delete
  5. Kind of read this WHILE I had a small bowl of chocolate chips balanced on my pregnant tummy. HAHA! That's always a favorite sweet snack for me - pregnant or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deliciousness!!! I cannot let my cabinet go without a bag stashed in there for emergencies! Haha

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!