Friday, March 11, 2016

H54F: Late to the show

Well blogging has taken a huge backseat this week and it may for next week too.  I'm pretty swamped with life and work but hey I cannot complain (though I do miss my blog friends!)  Hoping to catch up a little tonight/this weekend!

Here's my cinco!

1 - A fab last weekend!

The Blue Parrot, Lake Norman, USA  Best sunsets and cocktails on the East Coast!:

We had gorgeous weather here last weekend.  On Sunday my mom took the kids for the day so my hubs and I celebrated our 9th anniversary a few days early.  We took it down to Lake Norman and ate at our favorite lake spot - The Blue Parrot.  Guys, it is a must for the LKN/Terrell area.  We have been going there for several years now and it is our summer spot.  
And how did we enter our ninth year of wedded bliss?  By switching from Android to iPhones.  Yeah we're that couple LOL!

2 - No new dogs.

21 Gifts For People Who Love Dogs More Than Humans:

Our Chippy seems so lonely.  We love our fur baby to pieces but lately she's just seem down and out and lonely.  Thus we decided to find a companion for her.  You know Facebook is the go to for everything these days and there happens to be loads of pet pages (I actually found our Chippy on one of those pages!)  I was totally delighted to find a Lhasa Apso that needed to be rehomed for an elderly gentleman.  The seller and I were in communication but she wouldn't send a picture until "after grooming" - red flag.  On Tuesday she sent a picture and that dog was anything but a Lhasa.  It was so far from anything near a Lhasa that I busted out laughing.  I kindly declined the animal.  So I'm waiting it out for a companion for my Chippy girl.  I'm thinking she'll need to visit her great great aunt Minnie a little more with this gorgeous weather.

3 - Elementary, my dear Watson.

Happens daily in the life of a Kindergarten teacher  and First Grade as well..Funny thing is, you answer "yes dear".:

I am used to my high schoolers but this week I dove back into elementary and it was surprisingly delightful.  With the exception of the flu making a presence in the classroom.

4 - Best weather ever!

Hope your day is full of sunshine. (And do you know this song by The Weepies? Raise your hand if you do. Love it.):

For 2016 that is.  This week has been 70+ degrees and full of sunshine.  My life is much better when my kids can play outside.  This weekend should be ok but I hear rain is moving in - but of course.

5 -   Counting down :)
My summer is going to be Amazing. 6weeks in Europe than straight to 2weeks at the Beach.:


In the past 7-10 days we have booked our family vacation, a girl's get-a-way, and we're inching towards our Easter/Anniversary celebration.  I am so excited but I'm also still amazed by how quickly everything is soaring by.  



Some favorite pins from this week....

Best Answer | Click the link to view full image and description : ):
Bahahahaha YES!  That is my math skills to a T!

Casual Outfit:
This outfit is growing on me. To get Chucks or to not get Chucks?
No-Bake Avalanche Cookies:
What the what?!?!
Life of Lovely: March Journal Prompts {printable}:
Because writing is feeding your soul!

Simple to make, delicious to eat, and oh so healthy! These Chicken Avocado Burritos are amazing! Great Recipe!:
This is on my dinner list!

And the RECAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!