Sunday, March 6, 2016

Let's Make a Menu!



I'm still not totally sticking to my menu. I have a good reason though! Lately, the kids have been going out with grandparents for dinner!!!  YAY!

Last Monday I made the Salsa Verde Chicken that was listed in my menu plan (go me!)  Well that bad boy lasted me ALL WEEK!  That is a huge celebration.  I halved the breasts to stretch it further and because chicken breasts are enormously cut these days. One day (for lunch) I cut a half in diced pieces and loaded it in a salad.  The next day I shredded another half and loaded down my Flatout Wrap with spinach, the chicken, and tomatoes.  My husband was able to pack it for his lunch as well.

So guess what I'm doing for the remainder of the school year?

Making some variation of crock pot chicken on Mondays for the entire week ahead (lunches, dinners, etc.)  It will be fresh, homemade, and on hand and this girl likes that!

This week I'll be making my take on King Ranch Chicken to have on hand.

And the rest of the week looks like this....

Hot Dogs
Cole Slaw
Green Beans
My kids will love me for hours for this meal.  This also is a signaling of warmer weather coming - nothing says spring like baseball hot dogs.

Fresh Rainbow Salad
My kids love salads and vegetables so we'll be munching down like bunnies.  I plan to buy a bright array of colorful veggies, chop them up, and let the kids enjoy creating their salads.  

And for some fun with the kids....

Inside Out S'mores Bars:

These Inside Out Smores Brownies!  I think the kids will adore them and their chocoholic mom will too!  You can get the link here.


Have an awesome week!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!