Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday 6!

And poof!  I reappear!

I kind of took the rest of the week off after Wednesday.  It feels really weird to not be writing up posts and even more strange to not really get near my computer.  But it also feels really good!

By not posting here I have upped my IG game a little more so that is awesome, right?

Well here's my Saturday 6 - things from the week that I failed to share yesterday with a High Five post.  And of course all the other little goodies I love to throw in on my typical Friday posts too.

1.  Elementary Bye Byes

via GIPHY
I finished up a stint in elementary school this past week.  Can I just say I really had a sweet group of kids to work with.  Of course going out in high style - I broke the stupid pencil sharpener on my last day and a first grade room without a pencil sharpener is pure chaos.  I will be purchasing the teacher a new one this weekend.

2.  Gorgeous Weather

via GIPHY
Spring may not officially start until tomorrow but y'all it has been AMAZING this week.  Highs up near 80 degrees, sunshine beyond comprehension, plus the longer days?!?!  I have been in hog heaven.  Of course today it is cold (the high is 54 I think) and raining (boo!)  We have a taste of winter today through Monday and then they promise the warm weather to return.  All I have to say is it better.

3.  A girl's best friend...


This week I got my hair did - bye bye gray roots!  I was so happy to go sit in Lizz's chair and get my folical makeover.  I also have been doing some major second hand shopping lately and scored a new purse - NWT - from Goodwill.  I loved it at Target and now they have shipped them to Goodwill!  So yes, I scored this bag for $6.  I was afraid it wasn't springy enough but hell teal is good all the time, right?  I'll have a post of more second hand finds coming up on the blog.

4.  Eww gross

via GIPHY
Well I have retired from ever eating at Sonic again.  Wednesday night they had $1 hot dogs.  For me that translated to $1 sickness.  At first I thought my work out had caught up to me (extra weight training plus extra cardio) then I thought that my post work out tag in the pasture had really did me in.  Around 3am I realized it was my really bad meal choice - a hot dog and tots (the worst meal I have had in a few weeks).  It did not digest - and at 3am I had to pep talk myself into forcing it out of me in a violent and totally wrong way - puking.  This girl hates to puke.  You just have to recognize the situation - and maybe you have been there - you're so uncomfortable because you feel that food sitting too high in the GI tract.  You know if you just let it out you'll feel better so quickly.  But no you hate the idea of getting personal with ole TB.  Finally you say screw it and go to the bathroom - walk of shame style - close your eyes, say a prayer, and stick the finger down the back of your throat.  UGHHHHHH!  It was immediate relief but I spent Thursday feeling like I had been ran over by that proverbial train.

5.  Back in the saddle!



Not me.  My daughter's horse, Molly, arrived on Thursday.  I need to write a horse post so you know my exact feelings on this.  My child is super excited and she got right on this beast and enjoyed "riding" (aka being led around the pasture).  Issues with this horse:  she will not wear a bit and she goes ape shit if you touch her ears.  We're wondering if someone was mean to her in years past.  With that being said she is very sweet and so far is very gentle with my daughter.  You can tell she is used to trail rides because of her sweet relaxed disposition when being saddled and mounted.  So yay, I guess.

6.  Best friend time

via GIPHY
On Friday I went up to my bestie's house.  We had a great time stuffing our faces with fajitas and chatting.  I would say we did some crafting but seriously we did not.  The idea hit us that we should start project life next year and that we will get up each month to work on it.  Our next get together will be our girl's trip!!!  So freakin' stoked!

That's it.  That's all.  I hope you guys have a great weekend.  Promise to see you more this next week!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!