Friday, July 19, 2013

TV Nights

Summer time isn't the time of year I think of curling up on the couch to watch good television shows.  I don't think I ever watched tv in the summer when I was little kid.  It seemed the norm to stay outside until the lightning bugs disappeared and then go take a bath and snooze til another morning came with balmy air and a bike ride to my Mammaws.

Lately, we've been watching tv (a lot of Bravo) after the kids go to bed.  Normally that means 9pm shows get our attention.  I wanted to share the favorite summer shows around here.  Also, my husband prefers ESPN constantly but gives in for me to watch the following shows.  And I just realized they are all pretty much reality based.....my how far tv has come -- or has it?

1.  Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis (Bravo 9pm ET Tuesdays)

So let me get this out of the way - Jeff Lewis is a dream.  Yeah, who care that he's gay he may be my gay man crush.  He's got the best sense of humor and he's pretty straight forward (no pun intended).  I also adore his style.  My husband has mentioned us pleading with Bravo to send ole Jeffy out.  That would be a freakin' dream.  I could laugh and enjoy my home being remodeled.  Jenny is a delight - I'd love downing some wine with her.  Gahhh why are these people on the opposing coast?

Anyhoo, in this show Jeff & Jenny go to "help" people with issues they have through interior design and construction.  This week it was a crazy cat lady who put the cats ahead of her baby who was on a nebulizer because of his allergy to cats....um yeah cray zay.  The week before he was helping some way out of touch gay guys salvage their dilapidated home.

If you want to laugh and you are easily angered by foolish people you should watch.

2.  Below Deck (Bravo 10pm ET Mondays)

So Bravo decided to change it up and forget the housewives and style and cooking and go for a show about a bunch of 20/30 somethings who are spending a season working on a yacht.  I love it.  Its like a bit more mature version of Real World (from back when Real World was good....circa 1997).  You have drama, love, lust, comedy, growth.  Its a great show.

3.  Farm Kings (GAC 9pm ET Thursdays) 

You know I love this show and it must be back.  I'm not sure what went down between April and July - they said it was back showed a few shows and then it went into repeat.  Anyhoo - this show showcases some passions 1.  Farming  2.  Hot guys  3.  Family.  And I still want a t-shirt.

A few others we watch I watch - whatever....Real Housewives of OC but I'm so over it.  They need to recast pretty badly.  Hope Andy Cohen gets the memo and while he's at it he can get rid of Jersey all together, that state has to detest that show and what it makes Jersey peeps look like.  Million Dollar Listing NY but I prefer the LA one.  Property Envy is great too!  Necessary Roughness is on the DVR we'll catch up later on that.  Hmm....yeah that's about it.

Stay away from NBC's Camp - we wasted thirty minutes on that show.  Ugh.  CBS has a show called The Dome it was a bit ridiculous. 

Yep that's it.

What are you watching?

xx
Brownie

All photos courtesy of Bravo.com & GAC Network.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!