Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Lesson: Slow it down & relax already.

I really hope July takes its sweet time in passing by.  Anyone else feeling this way?  I mean hello people we are at the half way point of yet another month in this the 2013th year.  Life really does speed up as you get older.  Sometimes I wonder if I should be picking my patio home at the coast that I hope to spend the last three weeks of my existence at.  Three weeks, Brownie?  Yeah, that's probably all I'll be able to afford.  Oh wait reality just slapped - make that the refrigerator box I will park on the sand for three days.


My regular readers know I'm a list maker.  I decided over the weekend to make some lists (because its what all the cool cats do ya know) ---

My list was called August Weekends.

After I created it I needed a very stiff, make you vomit as soon as it hits your uvula, drink.

My August weekends all have duties. 
1.  Plan for the loan trip to the bank. 
2.  Dismantle my cabinets/closets/nooks/crannies and price things for a massive yard sale.
3.  Go to the beach. (Cannot complain on that one). 
4.  Birthday weekend for the children. 
5.  Yard Sale Weekend.

The underlining message of August is prep for change.

August is going to hold not only packing up my entire kitchen/laundry room and selling the majority of its stuff (along with loads of baby stuff) but also the preparation of a new journey. 


Back to working outside the hacienda for one.  It may be a part time job or it may be a part part time job.  I'm not sharing details so don't ask.  That's a big step for a mom who has been home since June 2012.  It is welcomed and it is scary.  It is refreshing and it is also unnerving.  The wait to find out where my path will lead occupationally is a long and tedious one.  It leaves me questioning and worrying but I have quickly learned that is totally ridiculous.  My path is paved I just have to accept that and embrace whatever I find myself doing in 30-60 days.

A chappy headed off to big school is another new journey.  Yes we are going all public school kindergarten with all new (ok not all new but majority new) faces and places and schedules.  I worry over issues of socializing and silent lunches....all will be fine but I am a mommy and it is my place. 

The idea of close being distanced - and this takes on a very different meaning than what you may be thinking.  I'm not delving into this but sometimes new isn't just new for you but also for others.  Confucious say....(haha just seemed to fit there).



My hopes and dreams for my home coming to fruition finally!  But dealing with the mess before the beautiful.  Isn't that life though - anything worth it is messy at first.  It has dust and mud and muck and nails and screws and ripped out cabinetry.  Then at the end of the process it is amazing and beautiful and just what was needed.

As I made my list I realized something - it brought order and calm to my wandering mind.  It brought a schedule and a plan.  It also brought forth the words I keep on my brain:  Phillipians 4:4-9.  I can make all the lists in the world but at the end of the list making what I plan is not what will happen at all times.  I shouldn't worry.  I shouldn't get uptight.  I should sit back and enjoy these lightning fast days and roll with the punches.  What comes will come whether I plan for it or not.  At the end of the day I will be a better person if I hold fast to what I truly believe.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
xx
Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!