Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday is all YOU!

Guess what?  I love ya'll!

Ok so Wednesday morning I had decided I would tackle the email and email everyone back.  I sit down after a work out and putting the baby down and guess what.....the google isn't googling and the gmail isn't gmailing and I'm screwed.

It turned out to be a server error and all was healed in an hour.  Many of you didn't get an email back and I apologize for that.  I did see a recurring theme in the emails I received so why not tackle those common questions in a blog post.  Sound ok to you?  Great.

1.  Do you write professionally?

Negative.  I don't get paid to write for anything or anybody (but if you want to change that for the right amount I will be more than happy to).  Some of you picked up on how the blog has transitioned into a different style lately and you were smart to think I had started writing with some $$ involved but no I have not.  To be honest I would adore writing for a living.

2.  How many kids do you have and how old are they?

I have two children that I squeezed out.  A little girl who is five going on fifteen and a little boy who is nearing eleven months.  No, I do not wish to have any more.  I am blessed with two healthy munchkins and am completely happy with the blessing of two.  I feel like financially we are not strained and we can accommodate them in the best ways we see fit.
My mom with my little man who has learned to give kisses
3.  Do you feel like you were a better parent when you just had one kid?

Would you believe that question not only showed up in two emails but also in a face to face conversation I had with a friend this week?  Totally do.  And there is a blog post coming up soon to tackle this!!!

4.  Have you quit cooking?  I've been looking for some recipes on your site but don't seem to see any new ones.

Must admit, I don't cook quite as frequently in the summer.  However, because you are looking I'll start doing a little better ;-)

5.  I haven't seen a favorite things post in a while.  Will you be doing more of those?

 Without further ado...shall we?


1.  Calico Jack Pineapple Coconut Rum

When the day is done and the kids are sleeping I sneak out to the porch and sip away on some of my favorite medicine.....this rum!  It is delicious and mixes well with whatever you have in the fridge.  A shot of orange juice, a bit of Simply Lemonade, and Calico Jack = A good boat drink for Brownie.


2.  The local school system's summer lunch program.

Thanks to a grant the local school system has been able to offer children ages 1-18 free breakfast and lunch for a certain period of time over the summer vacation.  This rocks out for me because I don't have to worry about lunch for the kiddos.  We simply take off to the neighboring school and have a yummy lunch.  Seriously, who doesn't like square pizza?

It also rocks that I get to see some other moms that just happen to teach there as well.

Level 2 Regular
3.  Seattle's Best Coffee Level 2.

I'm a coffee fiend and quite frankly am never happy with the roasts I buy.  I happend to have a coupon for this coffee a few weeks back and decided I needed a lighter fair for the hotter season.  Can I tell you how incredibly happy I was after I made my first pot of this stuff?  It has the best flavor, is extremely light on the palate and even when its a muggy 89 degrees I can still down a cup.  Bravo guys!






4.  Mrs. Angell's Garden.

I was the first response when she Facebooked that she was going on vacation and had a garden that could be utilized while she was away.  Since I early birded....I got it!  This week we have been so thankfully harvesting fresh green beans, zuchinni, yellow squash, cucumbers and tomatoes.  Since we opted to not garden this year this experience and opportunity has made my heart happy and my belly even more elated.

5.  My little girl this summer.

My five year old is proving that five is a totally fun age.  She's so funny when she talks about what she wants to do and when I hear her playing.  When they are babies you judge their growth by milestones and things they do.  When they are out of baby stage you tend to judge their growth by how they handle situations and the things they enjoy.  Her favorite things:  lipstick, painting her nails, dancing in Ms Sunni's class, going to the park, and her friend (excuse me best friend) A.




Share your favorite things with me!  I don't wanna be the only one talkin'!!!!
Leave a comment, FB, Tweet, or email me


xx
Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!