Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer came back!

After 5912 days of rain I am happy to report summer came back.

In lieu of this occasion the chappies and I spent the afternoon by the in the pool.  It was so great to get back into the water instead of watching endless amounts of the stuff pour from the sky for eons...and eons....and eons.

Rain is not a bad thing. Unless you get it days and days and days in a row.  I seriously do not think our ground could hold it much longer before we had to pull out the ark we all built in January to get to and fro.

In honor of the return of my favorite season we also had some food that shouts THIS IS THE BEST SEASON IN THE WORLD. Think of it as a party for our summer taste buds.



1.  Ice Cream Sandwiches by the pool.  Ahhh the mini ice cream sandwich is a mere 90 calories and the taste is divine.  These were compliments of my mom's freezer however we purchase the same brand...the Food Lion store brand named My Essentials.  There are many off brand items I will not touch (ketchup, mayonnaise, pop tart esque foods) however the house brand of the ice cream sandwich at Food Lion cannot be beat.  It is just delicious.



2.  Hotdogs.  I think hotdogs should only be consumed during the summer.  I personally do not feel they are needed at any other time (ok maybe at a fall carnival).  The only time I really want a dog of the hot breed is when it is hot outside and a heavy meal isn't appropriate (or when I am pregnant and then you are allowed to want these foods with no guilt or gut ache).  As mentioned above I am picky about the brand of certain foods and hotdoggies are one.  I will only happily partake in Ballpark, Hebrew National, or Nathan's.  I will not dare touch a die shot weenie - you know the flaming red ones that look like....ok let me stop there bad analogy.  I also am very simple with my hotdog.  A bit of chili and a bit of relish and I am good to go.



3.  Potato Chips.  I do not eat them unless it is summer.  I grew up in a house that kept Sour Crèam and Onion beside the JFG mayonnaise and Holy Bible.  However, I'm not a big chip eater.  Unless it is summer that is.  I will only entertain two types:  Wavy Lays and Salt & Vinegar.  Everything else is worthy of the garbage for me.  And to add to my pickiness of the fried potato slice is this....I only want chips that are curled over.  They give me great joy and happiness and take me to the place where the butterflies are always fluttering about and the unicorns dance on diamond encrusted mountains.



4.  Cosmic Brownies.  I posted on Facebook that Cosmic Brownies would be the death of me and one response I got questioned if they are special brownies.  If by special you mean they make my tastebuds jump up and down and start toying with my addiction toy bin of the brain then yes Zach you are correct....they are very special.  Little Debbie is at it again with my heart perhaps it is the all to powerful artificial ingredient at work or the fantabulous stabilizers that allow this item to sit on the shelf.  I do not care....they are yummy!

So the crazy thing is all these foods are terrible for me.  They are listed on the food guide pyramid as junk and that's ok I'll take that junk for three months a year - proudly I'll have a little of this and a little of that and smile.  Then as I sweat even harder than ever before in the summer sun I'll smile because I know my reward for burning those stupid calories will be indulging in the curled over chip I spotted when I peek in the Wavy Lays bag that takes me to the place where dreams come true.

xx
Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!