Friday, July 26, 2013

Five on Friday!

 
I'm so in love with the lovely bloggers who do the Five on Friday link up party (icon above) that when I read I could also join in and link up I just had to do it! Check those awesome blogs out and follow them on your Bloglovin account.  Here are my five loves this week!!!
 
 
 
1.  My new shoes. 
 
Oh my goodness these are so comfy and cute.  They also have that retro flair - remember the old wooden bottom Candies?  I actually stumbled upon these on a diaper run to Walmart.  I looked, I pondered, I tried on, and oh my goodness they felt great! These are Dr. Scholl's (do I sound suddenly twenty years older?) and they are not wooden soled.  I can wear them with a cute casual skirt or my shorts with no ouchies.   Yay!
 
 
2.  Tuesday Night Date Nights
 
So Tuesdays are dance night for my little girl.  Love that to pieces because she loves dance class.  This summer it also means mini date for my hubby and I!  We don't have a lot of time since class is only an hour but we make the most of it.  When you have two kids it gets tough to get time alone with each other so whatever we can get we will gladly take.  We're cheapskates and in a time crunch so we end up at the Subway close to the studio and chat and laugh over our subs.  You cannot beat the $4 special they have going on!  A six inch sub and drink for $4 - oh yeah!
 
 
 
3.  The book I just finished up!
 
 If you love Mad Men you'll really love Truth In Advertising (John Kenney).  I think of it as a modern day Don Draper telling the story of his life.  I adore this book.  My husband is going to read it next - I'm forcing him to.
 
 
 
4.  Bob anyone?
 
I did it!  I cut my hair off and I LOVE IT!  I posted yesterday about the style - I was adamant about this not being the inverted/contorted/soccer mom/Posh Spice cut that every woman doing her Friday after work shopping in Harris Teeter rocked out for like three years.  I was so over my long hair, all I found myself doing was pony tailing it so it was time for a change. 
 
 
 
5.  My kidlets.
 
This week brought some heartache.  A dear friend had a late term miscarriage.  Before kids I would hear that type of news and say "how sad" - now it hits me on another level.  It is these times in life that really make us see how blessed we truly are.  I find myself hugging and kissing and saying I love you like fifty billion extra times when tragedy occurs.  I am so blessed with my two healthy babies - thank you Lord!





2 comments:

  1. Even with the wooden bottom those shoes are comfy?! That is awesome esp because they look cute! happy friday girl :)

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great they are not wooden! They are a rubbery sole that is pretty comfy if I do say so myself. Happy Friday to you too! Thanks for checking me out.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!