Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Hodge Podge

Tuesday I went shopping with my mother and grandmother at {Hanes Mall}.  I don't head to the mall too much these days, however this week I went two times!  The first on Sunday for the little girl some shoes at {Stride Rite}.  The second on Tuesday.  On Sunday I scoped out some sales and so a trip back was necessary to get some deals.
 
This time of the year is great for stocking up on end of season deals.  You know it is time for the Halloween and Christmas décor to adorn the displays when the temperature is so hot out that all you can think of is a new bathing suit!
 
Here are some of the best deals I spotted.
 
{Belk} -
 
 A southern favorite, has tons of clearance racks of items in every department.  The racks are offering up great deals of items already marked 50% off and ready for you to take an extra 50% off at the register.  I'm not very in love with current clothing styles but I did score a cute shift dress I can easily transition with into the fall.


The little boy also got a few outfits for next year when he is a bit bigger.
 
I have major issues with little girl's clothing when they go from the sweet sizes of 4-6x into the world of 7 and up.  A lot of the clothes look...well...trashy or clown like!  I was not impressed with anything in the 7/8 sizes so my sweetie pie will have to wait until another trip to score her new duds.  I already have ideas in mind!
 
 If you haven't heard of this place it is like a Claire's for women. I have a love hate relationship with this store. I love this store because every color has its own section.  I hate this store because there is so much in there I tend to get distracted and annoyed.  Right now they are running a special of take an extra 50% off the clearance items.  I needed a skinny belt for the dress I purchased and scored a two pack for $3.  Cannot complain about that!
 
Currently you can take an extra 40% off all clearance merchandise.  I love Gap it is one of my favorite Outlet stores to shop, I don't do much shopping at the mall stores.  However, this deal is one you should take advantage of!
 
Their sale pricing starts at $2.99 need I say more?
 
Some sale racks but nothing that really made me go "wowza" - my grandma really scored on some new clothing which she really needed!
 
I didn't go in Macy's but my mom reported some great mark downs there that you can take extra discounts on.
 
They are running some great specials on summer scents.  As always I restocked on our hand soaps because I cannot betray the Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap.  They are awesome to have on hand for small gift baskets too.  I have also found they last a lot longer than other hand soaps and this is coming from someone who may wash her hands three times in five minutes!
 
Does anyone else think that malls are quickly becoming a thing of the past?  I had that feeling the whole time I was strolling around.  Luckily, the mall is loaded with stores and I didn't see hardly any empty stores if any at all.  That is a good sign.  I just have this feeling in a few years malls will be obsolete...????
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess what I did?
 
Yep, I cut it off.  It is NOT that over-done so yesterday Posh Spice Beckham wedged back thing that I rocked like every other American woman back in day (of 2 years ago).  It's a cut single line bob with a beveled edge and a few longer layers for face framing and so I can still have a half up pony.  I adore it and the hubby does too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Last week's dinner by the pool was so fun I did it again last night.  We always associate lighter fair with hot weather and by water but last night I served my chicken pie.  Instead of a heavy side I just did French style green beans in a very light butter sauce.
 
Sometimes I cheat on my crust.  I use two store bought deep dish frozen pies.  One the chicken and milk based concoction will go in the second will be removed and placed on top.  When you're in a hurry its a great tip!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
And lastly my little man is officially eleven months old!  Wow this time has flown by.  He is such an incredible blessing to our family. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!