Saturday, July 27, 2013

Of course you think about this in July....



This week I have noticed something that I didn't think I was quite ready to see.  I will give you a minute to brace yourself for what you are about to read.  If you are like me you need to prepare yourself for things that you are not quite emotionally ready to take in with your eye balls.  Ready?

Christmas
 
Oops was that a bit small for the old windows to the soul?  Ok, I'll try again.
 
Christmas.
 
Yes, the holiday season.  The most special time of year that induces stress and anger and anxiety.  You know, when you blow money on people you don't even like? 
 
That's just my take on the commercial side of the season.
 
I really like Thanksgiving - it is our favorite holiday because we go off on our own and there is little to no stress involved.  Christmas is great and I love the reason for the season but the commercialization of the holiday and loss of meaning really leave me with a sad feeling in my gut of guts. 
 
Oh well.
 
The things I love about Christmas include:
1.  Decorating
2.  Music
3.  Fun outings
4.  Good church concerts/plays/musicals
5.  The excitement from my five year old.
 
After reading about people having all their shopping done, seeing Pinterest shares of holiday ideas, and my mother mentioning the purchase of several Christmas gifts I did find myself putting the cinnamon potpourri in the warmer and letting it scent my home.  I also began thinking about this year's Christmas tree and how to best place it so that a certain baby wouldn't be trying to climb it.  Then I started the thought process of gifts being handmade.
 
Heads up friends and family this is your gift from me this year....ok now please forget about it.  Or act surprised later on ok? Here's the link to this idea!


Is this not beautiful.  That's it, I'm planning a get together!  Here's the link to this idea!

 
 
For about an hour I had my own personal little Christmas in July.  Then I was over it.
 
The potpourri can continue though...
 
 
 
 

The real reason please. Link to this here!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!