Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sleepy Me!

So I am doing some "scientific" research this week.  Lately I haven't felt all that great.  I'm very drowsy and just cannot seem to get going.  The weather is what I have been pointing my finger to.  You know we humans have to blame something!  It could be a whole ball of ideas - Mirena (lots of women blame their whole batch of life problems on this pharmaceutical I'm finding out)....2 young kids (extremely draining)....forgetting my vitamins (unhealthy of me to forget)....too much coffee (never!)....brain drain (I do use my noggin to do a lot of things believe it or not).

Whatever it is - I think I can adjust it with something fairly simple - SLEEP.
 
 
For the past few weeks I find that my "unwind" time is 9pm.  At this magical hour both children are asleep and the hubs and I are on the couch or porch chatting and flipping channels or enjoying silence. I generally hang out on the couch or porch until 10 or after and then shower and find my way to bed.  Then the whole shebang begins between six and six thirty the next morning.
 
I do not see this as healthy.  I do see it taking an enormous toll on my system.
 
This week I'm instituting a new regimen.  The baby normally goes to bed between seven and eight.  The kid can snooze for the evening between 8:30 and nine.  That means the DVR can catch my shows and I can be in bed between nine and 9:30.  It truly sounds daunting to me!  To have a set bedtime that is so dare I say early!  However, I feel it is something I need.  How about you?  Could you use a more structured time for sleep?

 
 
Sleep is so critical and it is not something you can catch up on.  If you miss out then well... you miss out and cannot buy back what you lost.  Losing sleep is losing function and I cannot afford to do that - neither can you (just guessing).  Our bodies do so much maintenance while we are snoring & drooling - it is key to the metabolic cycle and we cannot scrimp on this major duty to cuddle up under the covers and get some shut eye.
 
Since I'm changing up my "bed time" I am also adjusting my daily routine.  I cannot say - "Oh that can wait until tonight" I have to just get it finished in the five minutes it takes me in the morning.  Referring to yesterday's blog - I can be a Martha from 6:30a-6:30p and practice my Mary from 6:30p until time to awake for the day.  Twelve hours a piece for the two dueling personas....sounds fair.

~~~~~~

 
 
I have seen a lot of my friends are going to Pinterest for "To Do Chore Sheets".  I had tried that for a while but bombed at it.  So now I just make a print out of my week and include any expenses for the day, any special plans, what's for dinner, and what chores should be done that day.  Hopefully, this self-made plan will be more effective than some Pinner telling me I need to wash my windows and walls on Thursday the 17th and wax the toilet seat on Monday the 31st. 

~~~~~~~~



So how excited was I to get some pool time Monday?  Totally excited!  Finally some hot sun and good feeling water.  The baby, the diva, and I all enjoyed splashing and swimming.  I even got some quiet time for sunning and reading my current favorite book.  I'll be sharing about it later in the week!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!