Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Got (Pretty) Bush?

As I type this I am hearing VeggieTales:  Everybody's got a water buffalo mine is fast and yours is slow playing in my head.  For some reason I felt you needed to know that.
 
 
G'day!  I'm not Australian but its fun to say.  Today I want to talk you into buying a plant.  Seriously.  Here's the question - Do you have a butterfly bush in your yard?  If you said no (and you do have yard you can plant in) then I advise you to go quickly and purchase one.  You will be happy you did.
 
 
 
Five years ago I received a cutting from our then babysitter of a butterfly bush she had growing in her yard.  A cutting is a living piece of the tree, generally a small healthy viable piece that can be transplanted into soil and with proper care will grow into the full size plant it is meant to be.  This was my first ever attempt at growing a cutting and I was super successful.  (I think that is what has driven me to want to plant and garden so much, I found something I was truly good at doing and in this life we miss so much we are good at.)  That little stick of a bush turned into a 6+feet tall bush in our backyard.  I caught on to pruning it correctly and manicuring it to be pretty so now I keep it around 5 1/2 feet tall. 
 

Sometimes my rinky dink camera & I take good pictures!

 
 
Last year I bought a butterfly bush to equal out the other side of my little pretty area in the backyard.  They are both purple and gorgeous. 
 
 
 
However, the best part of having a butterfly bush is well....BUTTERFLIES!  This is peak season for both the insects and the bushes.  My back yard is a sanctuary for the pretty little flying beauties.  I kid you not, most days I have around twenty-five butterflies eating off the 2 bushes that use them as their namesake (15 per bush).  So if you are looking for a pretty plant for your yard look no further.
 
 
 
So we have our first bunny - I had told you this before I believe in a post from last week (remember that sleep issue and brain fog?)....here's an updated picture of him!
 

 
Today wouldn't be complete without me adding a good recipe in....so how bout a sketti & meatballs night?  I made my own meatballs using my favorite mama/cook/blogger's recipe {The Pioneer Woman} of course! 
 
This {recipe} was to make Mini Meatball Sandwiches but I used it for my spaghetti.  Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!