Monday, January 12, 2015

House Reveal: Flooring & Living Room

Hey guys!  Well the day has finally arrived to start showing off some of the house.  I am really excited to do this.  As you know this house has been a labor of love and source of serious tension headaches!

Back in October/November I posted about flooring options we were weighing out.  (You can click here to read that post.)

In December I was able to go check out flooring and also fall in love with a certain laminate available at Lowes.

I wanted something different from the run of the mill blonde and or walnut style finishes.  My love for gray is evident to most readers.  I also like eclectic and rustic looks.  Well ladies and gentlemen it just so happened Lowes had what I was looking for.

I took this shot from the landing on the half story.  I think it does the floor the most justice.  LOVE THIS!  PS We had to repaint our hall way during the lovely events of the fall.  Can I tell you how awesome our friends Josh & Heather are for helping us tackle the WHOLE bottom level including the hall?!  Awesome!  (Walls are Totter Island by Valspar)

This flooring is called Tavern Oak by Style Selections and has a beautiful rustic and worn look.  It also has hints of all different wood coloring in it.  I absolutely adore this floor!  A great break from traditional and perfect fit for my style choice.

Before our little issue in September we had a living room and a play room.  After the event and while planning out the changes in the house we decided to eliminate the play room and have a living room for adults and a family room we could all hang out in.  The play room was scratched.

I love this room.  Its cozy and welcoming.  We kept the original wall color of Gravity by Valspar.


Our new living room is one of my favorite rooms and is very comfy and welcoming.  We were able to purchase new furniture at a local warehouse (Furniture Mattress Warehouse in Clemmons).  This purchase included the leather couch, love seat and the entertainment stand seen in the second picture.
As you may be aware of, I was all about getting rugs for each room. Target to the rescue!  I purchased all three of the rugs I wanted at Target (thanks to Cartwheel for additional savings).  I absolutely adore this rug in the living room.

The end tables were the subject of a blog post from May 2013 - click here to check it out - I had painted them with left over samples from Sherwin Williams.  In early December I decided to re finish these guys again.  I was so pleased with the way it turned out.  I sanded them down, base coated them with a sample can of Valspar paint and primer in one (terracota), sanded again, and used a rag to add finish them out with some walnut colored Minwax.

When I can make an old piece of furniture new for less than $13 I am a happy camper.

I made the room complete with hanging our old canvas and photos of the family.  I also brought in an antique table we've had in my family for ages and used it to showcase some larger pictures.

No the television screen isn't broken...that's a camera thing.  And yes it may seem barren to some but I'm into minimalist and don't like things cramped or a lot of items in rooms.  I did debate a coffee table but quickly decided against it....for now.


If you're wondering - we do use this room to entertain but it has turned into a space for the family to hang out in too.  That's life right?

I look forward to finding some valences for the windows.  However, this is a tedious task since I'm a bit critical on window treatments.

Until next time!  Have a good day!





1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!