Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: Marriage Enrichment

My husband and I started marriage enrichment this past Sunday at the church we attend.  I'll be honest I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  In my mind I thought at first it was going to be a circle of couples all kumbaya and stuff with the occasional mix of crying and yelling and kissing.

Then I realized that I was probably mistaking enrichment with therapy.

The study is based on the book by Adam Hamilton Love To Stay 


The first night we were challenged to compliment each other for things that we admire about our spouses.  My husband is good at a lot of things but this week he's really been the man.

Since I came down with the stomach virus he has stepped up to the plate and managed the kids and dogs and baths and food and daily tasks quite well.  There are many men who wouldn't be quite so ready to step up and would be calling others.  Not my guy.

He also made sure I had my crushed ice and crackers and not once did he bother to wake me up to ask a question.

I think he really loves me.  Hehe.

Our homework for the week is a date night.  I'm really hoping we're all well enough that the sitter can come on Saturday and we can bust out for a while.  Much needed - and I always get my homework finished up!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!