Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: Gray Hair

On my mind lately....


1. Gray hair.

I knew I was semi destined to go gray before ever being near the dawn of seeing my own grandchildren. My dad was gray by his mid twenties and ok my mom doesn't really have many grays.  What she has she can cover with color.

So lets just say I wasn't shocked when at 24 my hairdresser said, "Man, you need color to hide all these grays."

Of course my hair is now mainly all gray but I keep it colored (love ya Lizz).

In October I allowed my fabulous hair lady to turn my hair dark.  I mean yeah that's pretty wild for a natural blonde to go dark.  Bahahahahahaha.  

Anyhoo, it took a lot of getting used to. It made my eyes really POP!  I eventually started liking it.

Then poof....here come ALL the silver linings.

Thank God for being able to go blonde and not looking like a hot mess.

Which brings me to this....

We can blame it on her I guess?  Her hair is BROWN not BLACK.

2.  Black hair

At one of my local fast food eateries there is a lovely Hispanic chick who is really pretty.  Then....for some reason she goes out and dies her gorgeous shiny black hair to bleached out blonde.

I wanted to cry.

She had the best hair ever!  It was like a freaking Pantene commercial. Then its all ratty and ugly and yellow with splotches of white....reminiscent of a Labrador I once had.

Why, oh why you girls with gorgeous NATURAL black hair ever want to change it is beyond me.  You are the only ones who can rock that hair and not look like fools. You see white girls dying their hair black what a mess they make.  It looks hideous and makes us think they need medication for anemia (or they forgot to remove the Halloween wig from their noggins....)

Oh wait....I get it. Duh we're female....hair + female = mistakes.

Anyhoo that super cute chick eventually allowed her hair to go back to black and she looks so fab again.

WOOHOO!

I'm too young for the purple rinse grandma look I see at Walmart....seriously.

3.  I did temporarily contemplate letting my hair just go. Then I slapped myself into reality and evaluated my sanity levels.  I'm not ready to be gray. I don't care if my husband thinks its hot (freak, note to self keep him away from K&W).  There are certain aging changes we can control and hair color is one of them.  Thank goodness for Ms. Clairol.

Does she or doesn't she get rabies from her kid biting her?

4. No, not thank goodness for her. Thank goodness for colorists.  Hairdressers who actually know how to color hair.  Be warned there are many who can give a good cut but cannot color any better than a 2 year old.  Don't color your own hair! You aren't 14 anymore!  You can afford to pay a pro to not infuse your scalp with fifty shades of red. That boxed junk is destined to turn out bad - stay away!  
And trust me....I box died my hair for wayyyyy tooooo lonnnnggggg!




In closing:
1. I'm not ready to be gray.
2. If I was Hispanic or Asian I would rock the heck out of my black hair.
3.  White girls should so stay away from anemic mismatched looks.
4.  My husband needs to have limited time with elderly women.
5.  Colorists are a gift from the Lord.
6.  Ms. Clairol is a scam

See ya later!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!