Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tasty Tuesday


If you're on my IG you saw that I made up a good ole cherry cobbler last week.  I use my late Mamaw Della's recipe.  This week I thought I would share it with you.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

What you need:

1 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 cup of milk
If you have fresh fruit use it.  If not canned peaches, cherries, apple pie filling will do the job. 

Mix it together and place it in a dish - I always use the 10 inch Corningware dish I have.

Dump your fruit on top and leave it alone!

Bake it 375 for 30 minutes.

Delicious.

****

One of my favorite sauces to cook with is made by Duplin Wineries.  

I stumbled upon it at a wine tasting in Charlotte in November.

In case you aren't familiar with Duplin Wine here's the skinny --- it is based in good ole Duplin County, North Carolina.  They make wines with regional grape cousins called  muscadine and scuppernong (naturally the wines are sweeter).  I say grape cousins because I'm from the South and ya'll its all about some cousins.  Wait that came out wrong...hahaha you get me though...I hope HA!  Some favorite Duplin Wines around here are Hatteras Red and Magnolia.

Anyhoo aside from the wine this winery also make delicious sauces and gourmet foods.  Let me just tell you this....their Muscadine Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce is AMAZEBALLS.  There is no other word for it.  The first taste I had (sample at the show) was out of this world.

Photo from duplinwinery.com
This past weekend I cooked some boneless, skinless chicken tenders in the sauce and to say it was the most addictive chicken I have had is an understatement.

You must order some of this goodness.  It is worth the $5.99!  

You have the traditional pleasantness of the muscadine mixed with the bite of the mustard.  Its tasty success of flavor and fusion.

Get it.  Period.   Also peruse and order even more deliciousness from the fabulous NC Winery that is Duplin.  

If you vacation on the Carolina Coast be sure to stop in on your way to Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, or Pleasure Island.  You can enjoy seeing how the wines are made and also partake in trying the wines they offer.  Don't forget to stop by the bistro for an amazing meal.




See ya later!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!