Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Drink it UP!

Summer is upon us.  It has been right around ninety degrees where I am for several days!  I love HOT weather. The hotter the better.  I have been "put down" for being one who likes heat.  Many of the old bystander bitches like to complain that I like the heat because I spend my days by the pool.

I like to correct them and explain how:

1.  I didn't grow up with central air.  I grew up in a log house with a window unit.  If you wanted to cool off you stood in front of the kitchen window.  You did not adjust a thermostat.

2.  I didn't have central air until I was closer to my 20s.  And by then I was pretty well adjusted to heat that it didn't matter much.

3.  I hate winter.

-----

One thing I freakin' love about HOT weather and and summer evenings (and days sometimes) are drinks.

Boat drinks, beer, wine, etc....love 'em all....almost.

Recently, I had some "new drinks" for me and I wanted to share.

1.  Michelob Ultra Light Cider

Visit their site

Oh.my.God.

This.is.good.

I.want.more!

My dad's girlfriend offered me one of these a few weeks ago.  I took a sip and was hooked.  This stuff tastes like a sour apple, one of my favorite flavors!  It is fresh, crisp, and very delicious.  It is also a gluten free option if anyone is hoping to shave a few pounds from their diet.

I've always been a Mich Ultra fan.  It is my choice of beers but it has to move over because its brother here is looking f-i-n-e!

2.  The Mother's Day Mimosa

As usual the bar we dined at for Mother's Day....wait that sounds wrong....the establishment we ate at on Mother's Day of course had to find a drink and call it something festive.  I realized if we put in Blue Curaco this would be a 2000 flushes....how appropriate for Mother's Day.

1 part lemonade
1 part mango rum
1 part Sprite
1 part spiced rum

Enter heaven.

3.  Mang-o-rita by Budweiser or Bud Light or whatever

ritacans.jpg
Visit them here!

Ok this is a throw back to Bartles & James....these things tastes straight up like wine coolers.  They are so sweet.  I would not recommend getting tanked off these hummingbird feeder finds.  I would recommend one for when you want to have some dessert.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!