Friday, July 18, 2014

Well How-Dee-Doo!

I so badly wanted to find a fitting YouTube video of Eminem telling you he's back but yeah I didn't think ya'll would appreciate that too much!  I figured this would work better:


So yeah...Brownie has returned!  Guys, its been nearly two months since A Brownie World (ABW) was blindfolded and gagged.  We're talking Lady Ga Ga or something right?  Wrong but the blog was silenced.

Just like friends who have been distanced for long periods of time, I want to pour a cup of Jamaican Me Crazy and play catch up with you all.



In true Friday form I am back with a Five for Friday.  This time it is not a listing of favorite recipes, drinks, outfits, movies, pins, etc.  Nope, this time I'm going to play catch up and let ya'll know whats up!

Number 1:  Where did Brownie go?

I would LOVE to say that either of the items listed below are true:

A)  A two month sabbatical to Bermuda or Aruba.  It was heavenly with lush cuisine and endless rum based beverages.  The children were entertained by a staff of excellent, well rounded nannies.  The husband and I enjoyed long walks on the beach, sailing trips to various reefs, and dancing long into the night.

or

B)  I won the lottery.  I lost my mind and now am the only person featured on the People of Walmart website.  Yes, that was me weighing in at 310 with a thong and I'm With Stupid tiny tee on.

Unfortunately, neither of those exciting and fun options are true.


The truth of the matter is I took a job.  A public job.  A job that, little did I know, took away your right to free speech even if it was vague and not quite "pin pointing".  They didn't like that I had the blog and they had me shut 'er down.

Well that's it.  Sorry its not Barbie glamorous.  Trust me, I'd much rather it involve a dream house and Corvette too.

Number 2:  So what made Brownie return?

Simply put:  The job was eliminated.

What can I say I have a magnet in me for jobs that fall in any of these categories:
1.  Grant funded (bound to tank)
2.  Temporary (but told permanent....then the budget has to be cut and the shaft comes and they say oh well this is temp oops)
3.  Lay off bound (I always get the job two weeks before they decide hiring a bunch of people wasn't good for the accounting department)

Number 3:  Did Brownie miss blogging?

At first, no.

I didn't realize how much time it took.  I enjoyed it so much that it wasn't a big deal but after I stopped I realized a lot of time went into it each week.  It was nice to have a bit of respite.
Then a few weeks later I started really missing it.

When I stopped I also stopped reading blogs my friends were putting out.  I missed their blogs and I missed chatting with them.  I missed hearing from my fans and acquaintances who would send me some food for thought both good and bad.  Dude, I missed a lot.

Most of all I missed writing.  To be quite honest, writing is a passion and if I could do it to pay bills boy would I be happy.  I missed being able to throw thoughts, emotions, and sharing good stuff with you guys.



So um yes.

Number 4:  What's new in Brownie's World?

Aside from unemployment....

I was going to say not much but that would be a lie.  I'm sure a lot has changed since May.  Actually, right now I just thought of two things!  Of course its nothing earth shattering or OMG must tell!
I'm sure the changes will come up in future blog posts!

Number 5:  Does Brownie have anything up her sleeve for the blog?

You betcha.  Gimme some time.  I'm here for good.






1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I mean, the circumstances blow, but I'm glad you're back! Maybe I'll start reading blogs on a regular basis again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!