Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review: Bound South


Good Lord I read another book.

Its not a Mary Kay Andrews book this time.  Nope, I changed it up a tiny bit!  Instead, I read Bound South by Susan Rebecca White.

Bound South
Read about this book by clicking here: Barnes & Noble

Yes, its another Southern Lit book.

This book is good...a couple chapters in.  It didn't captivate me until things got crazy and I met the character, Missy.

We have three "main characters" in this book and they are all entwined.

1.  Louise - Old South
2.  Caroline - Louise's daughter, Southern girl on rebel mode
3.  Missy - the epitome of Southern Bible Thumping stereotypes

Louise is a woman who I didn't connect with but I did like to see her take on all the things that occurred around her during the story.

Caroline is a chick I could semi relate to with her yearning to rebel from the corn up the backside family she was reared in.

Missy I could not relate to one bit but she made for an interesting story (that you won't see coming).

Read it one weekend this summer.  You'll enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!