Friday, May 16, 2014

5 on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Here's five...

1.  Friday (today)

Well this isn't a normal Friday.  I left work early to go be apart of my kindergartner's "Parent's Day" at school.  What a sweet event.  All the kinders gathered in the gym to sing us songs.  It was very sweet.  I'm pretty lucky to live in a little map dot town that has deep values and strong roots.

2.  That hour before you get the kids

I know many of you do not have children and you just rolled your eyes.  You can skip this one...its ok, I was once one of you!  I had an hour before the kids were to be picked up (you know if you let them stay too long then DSS will pick them up for you....its a service they do I hear....just kidding).  I decided I would kick some tail on the house.  I did and therefore my weekend will be better because of it.

3.  Shorts at work?

Get this...I can wear shorts to work.  Get this....that means I need to go shopping!  Hehehe.  Ok turns out I have to wear Bermuda/Golf style shorts but shorts are shorts and May is hot.  I'm looking forward to a little retail therapy tomorrow.

4.  The last tee ball game

Tomorrow is the last tee ball game for the year.  It is a happy day....I know the kids were getting burned out.  It is a sad day....I really like ball and I really liked the group of kids I had.  This experience with these little bitty ball players has been very rewarding and a teaching session for the kids as well as myself.  I totally enjoyed every minute of this season.  Remarkable job Cubbies!

5.  A beachy day

My husband has deemed Saturday afternoon and evening to be a beachy kind of day.  No, we haven't moved.  Instead we're having fruity drinks and to him that means beachy I guess?  Oh well...I'll happily take it!  Next week is going to be a tiny bit headachey so why not pretend to be in  Jimmy Buffet song this weekend?





1 comment:

  1. My girls aren't quite old enough for school, but the hour I get before they wake up in the morning, the time they nap or right after they go down for the night is amazing! Lots to be done, even if most of the time it's just relaxing! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!