Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Editorial


It is done.

But its not.

The bond referendum for a new high school finally passed.

Yeah, great!

Only this isn't the end.

The ones who were against it are going to raise immortal hell now.  If you think letters to the editor have ended you're wrong.  Both sides will continue to make jokes out of themselves.

It all makes me ponder upon some ideology of yesteryear.

Now, I'm all for free speech (obviously) but I'm also for selected speech when you are putting your face forward.

In the past year people who you once may have thought were a little educated have proven to be lackluster in that department.

Whatever happened to quietly making a difference?

Whatever happened to not wanting everybody this way of the Mason Dixon to know how you were going to vote?

Whatever happened to plain out respect?

Whatever happened to voting....at all?

I understand some issues are very passion centered.  But I also understand that the election is going to end on a particular day and the next day you're back to the same old shit.  Are you going to go back to the same old shit looking like a shit eater?

I prefer the voter who isn't in my face.

I prefer the voter who sits and watches.

I prefer the voter who does real research before deciding which way the cookie will crumble on their ballot.

I prefer civilized people.

Today, I am removing the sticker from my car.  It is over.  It is done for me.

I am happy my children will have a nice school to attend in 8 or 9 years (if it is completed....I'm the daughter of construction I know how long it can take on large scale projects).

I am happy my children will be close to my work and my home.

I am happy even though we are in a Republican county they did one thing to move forward.

I am happy it is done....for me.




1 comment:

  1. Oh good! I know this is a big issue and I'm glad to see it moving forward! :)
    Hopefully the bitching will end soon from all the opposing sides.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!