Friday, May 9, 2014

5 on Friday!

DUDE! It is FRIDAY!

Here's five things.



1.  So we have a wedding this weekend.  <psh>  Normally when we get a wedding invitation we RSVP yes and pack our bag or get childcare or whatever.  Then the date rolls in and we get all prettied up and the kids go to their respective caregiver's and we....never make it to the wedding.

Just truth, ya'll.

When you have two kids and you have a babysitter for the entire night the last thing you want to do is sit in a church, watch two people look all gooey eyed at each other, and then sit at a round table and eat yuck food and dance to a lame DJ.

My husband has already informed me that this weekend we will be actually attending the wedding.

I may begin to cry like five minutes ago.

I know, I'll live.  Seriously, this was the one to skip.  Of all of them....this was the one to freakin' skip.  Not being rude but most of these people I need a Xanax to tolerate (and that is just me blabbing because I don't have any Xanax so that means I'll need a whole lot of wine or vodka).  I'll need to be very numbed to remotely enjoy myself.

The good job is....I do a great Oscar Award winning fake on acting like I'm having a good time.

This will be my toughest role yet.



2.  Mother's Day

I have purchased my Mother's gift.  Go me!

My husband stated he was going to possibly get me a dog.  What.the.hell?

I couldn't handle a doggie right now.  I have a ton on my plate with a 20 month old and a six year old.  I love dogs but no, can't do it.  Get me a dog and get me signed up for whatever the hot new trend in crazy meds are.  Ya know?

So what would I like?  I have no clue.

Oh I don't know....a day not cooking, cleaning, or being in the house.  Showers of lovely gifts.  Perfect weather.  Is that too much to ask for?

Yeah....

3.  

I've been contemplating a bird bath.  However, I feel this is the kind of bird I would have in it.

4.  Loft for the aforementioned wedding?  I'm feeling halter.  Or am I feeling maxi?  Oh no!

I'm resorting to find pictures of my clothes via google...whose house is this?

5.  I need a drink...like this:

Rum-Punch-copyright
My mind goes back to a simpler time and place....






6 comments:

  1. I hear ya on skipping the wedding. When you get childcare, it's no joke. I don't want to do whatever xyz we had planned AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it. Once we skipped a wedding to get hammered on the beach. Ahhh that was fun.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the linkup! I'm so with you on needing a drink! My husband has been out on business for 10 days and need like 5 of those! HA.

    And as for weddings, I totally agree with you. It better be worth it if I'm gonna put in all the energy to find a babysitter for my 6 month old only to go watch a wedding! Can I have a date night to a bar instead?! HAHA.

    Stop by! www.thesenguptabunch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 days? Yes love you need one or six of those! And yes I am so with you...no, I do not wish to spend MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND with a SITTER watching TWO PEOPLE I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT unite their lives until ONE FILES FOR DIVORCE....oops caps happy?

      Delete
  3. haha! I like that you're honest! Hope you can find some Xanax... wedding season is upon us, so stock up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I will steer clear of using RX medicine that isn't mine. I mean that would be uncool. However, I will use somebody else's antibiotic in a heartbeat if my throat gets sore! Luckily, this is the ONLY wedding we have this year because we are OLD and no one gets married at our ages anymore. HAHA

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!