Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Three Things Tuesday

And now for three things on my mind this so far dark Tuesday morning!  (All graphics are from Pinterest)
 
 
1.  Pinterest

I have started uploading Pins from my own blog to the Pinterest world.  I get so excited when I get emails that tell me other people actually pinned what I have uploaded.  It is like a pat on the back for some of my "useful" blog posts.  You can follow me on Pinterest @ Amanda Bullard.  Also, I'm in the baby step process of this so there aren't too many pins up yet.
 
 
2.  Planning
 
As was mentioned in my last TTT post last Tuesday....I'm in the midst of planning.  The yard sale finished just fine.  I scratched that off my list.  Now I'm waiting a few days before I start the full force birthday party planning.  I must admit I am a bit excited about it this year.  Simple and fun is my theme.
 
I do need to get those invites out....
 
There is even more I'm going to be planning for on my plate.  The new schedule for when the yellow bus rolls out by our house.  What's the best time to wake up?  What's for breakfast?  Are we packing or purchasing?  Ideas....Ideas.
 
Then there's even more to plan for - just when I thought I was calming it down something really cool happens so I have to do a bit more pre planning for success.
 
Praising God
 
3.  Praising
 
For the last week (roughly) I've had a lot of "opportunity" fall in my lap with a lot of "freaking out" also falling in my said lap.  When I get overwhelmed or feel that I am out of control or out of ideas I do one thing.  I give it up.  No, I don't give up but I give IT up.  It being whatever is driving me crazy and that I cannot seem to fix on my own.  (Key phrase:  on my own)
 
When I know I cannot battle or reason or rationalize I tend to find a quiet place, alone and say out loud:
"God, I'm giving this to you.  I cannot do this on my own.  Its driving me nutso.  I need You to do what You wish with this and I'll follow Your lead."
 
I have done this probably 12 times in the past 12 months and every time I get my answer.  Sometimes its quick and sometimes its slow.  However, I always get my answer.  This week that answer that was fantastic and it has lead to a great opportunity.
 
I don't tend to pray for "things" anymore.  I pray for "help" and "experience".  For me...it works because I believe and I pay attention.
 
Try it.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!