Monday, August 19, 2013

A new week & weekend recap





Another week is here!  Hope your weekend was awesomeriffic.  We had a nice Octoberish weekend here in central NC.  You know - grey skies highs not a notch above seventy.  Weird!

As you can tell I changed my blog around a little bit.  In lieu of this week I had to get a new vibe going on on your screen.  Notice the little tiny school theme?  Isn't it adorable?  Yes, I thought so too!  This week is the last week of summer vacay for us.  Next week it is all back to the routine of up for school, out the door, back from school, extracurriculars, dinner and bed.  I must admit, I actually like routine like that.  It makes me feel "normal" ha! 

To get ourselves ready for next week we are doing a few things around this house....

1.  We are running our school day routine.  Yep, that means up early, dressed, eating breakfast and out the door at the right time.  No running late for this chicken.

2.  We are cramming in a few end-of-summer-fun-outings including a bowling trip and possibly some girl time.



3.  There are no naps for the Diva anymore.  She doesn't really nap these days but now I have to make sure she can hold on for a full 8 hour period without falling out!  I expect she'll sleep better at night.

There are some new events going on this week that will be on the blog....

1.  I have my first meeting with my new coworkers.  I'm seriously looking forward to that.

2.  A possible change to my look.  Yeah, that's all I'm saying for now!

3.  My kiddo will meet her new teacher this week!  Exciting!
My little dirty-play-hard-man will be ONE this week!  That is mud on his face, not blood.  He decided to devour some red mud cake...oh my!
The slide is back up!  My yoga artiste being creative on her sliding styles.  Hard to believe she's off to Kindergarten next week!

The weekend was a busy one but a nice one to say the least.  The baby's birthday is this coming Saturday - where did the last year go?  He'll be the big numero uno.  As I have mentioned before we are having a joint birthday party next Sunday.  All that lead to my hubby and I having a weekend away from the kids to purchase their presents.  Let me just say this:  Thank God for Michael's.  We were able to snag the gifts there PLUS use a 10% off your entire order coupon.

It was great having time away from the kiddos and time for just me and my husband to hang out.  We enjoyed (our favorite) Panera Bread for lunch.

When we got home it was pouring rain...what's new?  I made a pot of meatless chili.  Our little girl loves some chili and now our little man loves it too.  That's great because we eat a lot of chili in the cold months.  Its a great dish that can be made so many ways!

We ended a great day by holding down the couch watching {The Incredible Dr. Pol on National Geographic}.  It is a good show for anyone who really loves veterinary science.  Dr. Pol is a large and small animal vet who works in rural Michigan.  His show is funny and heartwarming and can tug at the heart strings.  (A mom who was experiencing empty nest syndrome found a stray dog when she was at her lowest and he became her baby.  He was hit by a car and Dr. Pol's cohort came out to assess the damage.  Trust me I was tearing up big time.)  Kids learn a lot about the care and maintenance of animals - from horses and cows to rats and dogs.  Yes, I said rats.  Eww!
Helping dad with the pin for Willa.  She loves it!  More pics later in the week.

Sunday was a great day of church, pig pin creation, lots of outdoor play (sun was back) and housework.  Our Willa (pot belly pig I have been so ready to sale off) finally has her own pad away from the chickens.  She's warming up now - happy and safe. 

That's our weekend in a nutshell.  I hope yours was great.  Let's have a great week together, shall we?








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!