Monday, August 12, 2013

Artsy Kid? Good Idea!

Attention parents of art loving kids.  I have a great idea to help you all out!  Keep reading!

My daughter loves to draw, doodle. paint, etc.  I rarely have anything on hand she can paint and we go through doodle books like an OR goes through bags of blood.  So after a trip to Michael's and $5 out of my pocket I created a little "heaven" for my sweetie pie.

 Here's what you need:

Plain white paper.  I bought a roll of 75ft for $4.99.
Masking tape and or push pins.
Some storage devices for crayons, markers, brushes, etc.  (I was very earth friendly and used paper cups that were going into the recycle bin).

Here's what I did:
 
We are lucky to have a playroom.  If you don't have a playroom you may want to do this in a kitchen, laundry room, or the kid's room.  I cut two long sheets of paper and pinned them (overlapping) on the wall.  The top one is at eye level for my daughter the bottom one is just above the baseboard.
 
I cut out a little cute "Camryn's Art Studio" for above the paper. 

Last I used the masking tape to secure the paper cups to the door's casing.  I put the crayons, markers, and brushes in the cups.
 

I cannot wait to see the masterpieces she makes!


 
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!