Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear God - Its the First Day of School.


Dear Lord -

I think she got enough sleep last night.  I thank you for helping her snooze right off, keeping her asleep, and keeping worry at bay.

I have her book bag and lunch box ready to go.  I also have half of Walmart ready to turn into her teacher to help the year go a bit smoother.

This morning I ask you to please be with her all through her year of school.  If she ever feels afraid, sad, or upset just give her that warm feeling that it is all going to be okay.  I'm not real worried about her but I ask that you please do this for me.

I also ask that you keep those germs down to a minimum.  Let her class be a healthy one and the booger eating be lessened for not just the wellness of the class but also for the teacher and assistant's sanity as well.

Allow her to learn, thrive, and grow.  Give me patience to help her succeed as she goes forward.

I'm done with that part now, Lord.  I need to ask another favor.


Please be with her teacher.  Give her confidence, as she is a new teacher.  Give her wisdom.  Let her patience be a mirror of your own.  Let her heart feel the joy that it seems only a five year old has.  Make her heart melt at the sweet and funny words that will roll off the tongues of these babies.  When she's at her wit's end give her a gift that shows exactly why you made her to be the perfect fit for her occupation.  At Christmas let her gift bags of mugs be at a minimum (I had to throw that in there).


Lastly, be with me please, Lord.  She's only going 100 yards away for the day but she's entering a new and exciting world that I will only hear about in stories and see in actions.  I'm cool with her growing up but I know that this one day alone is the fast forward button on the next 18.  I admit that makes me sad.  Just give me a little grace in the face (I guess in more ways than one).  Let me realize it is OK to have a tear or two fall down and I don't have to let the fluorescent bulbs dry them out.

Thank you for a good school, good teacher, great kid, and my beautiful ordinary blessed life.

And all God's creatures said -

Amen.















1 comment:

  1. Awe, this made me tear up!! I hope her first day goes GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!