Tuesday, August 13, 2013

End of Summer Beach Trip

The summer is closing down shop for the year.  We went on our last beach trip for the year this past weekend.  We stayed in Kure Beach, North Carolina.  Kure is an old fishing town turned vacation spot on a little island out from Wilmington, NC.  I've compiled pictures to make this blog post.  Enjoy.
 
The end of the summer 2013 and realizing my little girl is pretty grown up for a soon to be six year old.  She's taller and wittier than ever.  To me she should still be teeny tiny.
 
Fun times on the pier.  A quarter wasted?  The viewer didn't work but who cares.  These are so cool to little kids.
 
We ate at the same restaurant while we were there.  Every dinner meant my husband had to ask for a plate of pickles.  He thought they were homemade - I knew they were generic mega jar pickles.  Shhh.
 
 
As said before we ate at the same place while we were on this little weekend away.  Can you tell why?
 
Rib night.  He was so happy he had to cover those eyes to hide the tears of joy.  Personally, the plate wasn't appealing to me.
 
This picture is bad but the food was finger licking good.  Another lover of Eastern NC slaw is born!
 
 
Here's the special:  ribs with two sides.  My husband went to paradise for about five minutes.  I became a cardiologist for ten minutes - I couldn't eat that stuff.  
This however I do eat - by the truck loads.  God Bless Winston Salem, NC and the home of Texas Pete.
 
Diva Baby loved her meal she had it two nights in a row - fresh caught shrimp lightly breaded.  They were scrumptious.
 
 
This is my plate from night two.  Fresh caught crab cakes - I devoured it.  The fries and hushpuppies stayed put - ok except for the few I doused in Texas Pete.  Gahhhh love it!
My husband giving his rib plate of myocardial infarction a thumbs up.
 
Yes, this is becoming a foodie post.  My kids loved this place.
 
 
The view from my chair on the deck.  Can you think of a more beautiful sky?  No.  While we were away we heard it was pouring rain back home.  I'm sorry but I am so glad we were planted east for a while.
 
My Little Man and I at lunch.  Daddy stayed with Diva and I took Little Man in for his lunch.  He loved the beach so much but man it took its toll on him.
 
 
Three generations.  This was the first beach trip my husband has had with his dad in over 20 years.  He was beyond elated to have this time with him.  I think this picture may become a gift.  What do you think?
 
 My kids with their grandparents.
 
 It was nice to have the in-laws there to help out with the kids and also to share in these fun times with the babies.  Little Man wasn't too sure about the ocean.
 
 
I have no memories of my grandparents at the beach with me.  I guess that makes this a little sweeter.
 
 
 
My beach babies.
 
 
 

We kept this trip a total surprise for our little girl - she was ecstatic to find out we were going to the beach.  I think its kinda cool to surprise your kid with anything fun but a little trip - well that cannot be beat!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!