Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rainy Day




It is Sunday.  I really love our Sundays around here.  We are normally all up by now and I'm working on whatever we'll have for breakfast.  Then we lull about slowly getting ready for church while the baby gets a bit of a nap.


Not today.

Today it is cold and it is raining and it is disgusting out.  I stare at my newspaper in the driveway and think....I want to get you but I really don't want to step out in the muck.

Today we're all being lazy - the other three still in the bed and me just sitting here daring myself to drink some more coffee (healing up from a UTI....I hear they just love them some coffee).  

So this last Sunday of 2013 I believe there will be no wearing the new duds recieved at Christmas to go to church.  There will be pajamas and cartoons and books and evenutally a newspaper in here.  There will not be any hymns or messages but there will be lots of silent thank yous for the tiny little man who is babbling in sentences and trying so hard to make us laugh.  For the little girl who tells me to call her Alice and then proceeds to tell me she's a teenager and she has her own apartment and giggles at her little brother's antics while she plays with his new barn set.

There's a lot more rejoicing in that sometimes than in a stuffy pew.

Happy final Sunday of 2013.  I hope sunshine finds you.




1 comment:

  1. I'm still in my pjs and drinking coffee! The rain does it to me...especially on a Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!