Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fave Christmas (Like) Ever!

So now that I'm out of my twenties I'm finding myself a bit more sentimental and a bit less of taking myself too serious.  Anyone else feeling that? (Apparently not too many people after my Tuesday experience...oh wait did I seriously just type that?)

The other day I was driving to work and I had some repetitive Christmas tunes playing on the radio.  I started thinking about Christmases past.  I never really spent much time thinking about the 32 Christmases I have had, like the songs on the radio they just seemed redundant to me.  Every year of my childhood the same thing and then a little change here and there.  Then came the college years and Christmases with new families (i.e. boyfriends) and then eventually the one with the husband and as the cookie crumbled the ones with my own little family.

I have a feeling this isn't that Christmas they recall when they feel all warm and fuzzy....
Then this hit me:  What is my favorite Christmas memory?  .  

So I started thinking and believe it or not it wasn't my kids' first Christmas or anything cliche like that.
For those of you who are like he left a what?  Here's a bit, bridal, and reins system.




My favorite Christmas memory was waking up to a set of reigns and bit and bridal in my living room when I was about eight years old.  Santa left a note for me to look outside.  (In case you are on pins and needles about this because you aren't sure if Santa left be a reindeer or piece of Budweiser memorabilia then this will be no surprise.)  When we opened the back door of the house there stood a pretty pony - yes a real, live pony.  I named him Cody.

Cody was a bit more dapple than this guy who is a Palomino cross.

We had horses when I was small.  Mainly the Quarter Horse sort.  I guess I wanted the pony, I don't have much of a recollection of that.  However, I can remember the excitement of seeing my own pony standing there when the door opened.  It was pretty magical.

If you want to know what became of my pony then I'll share it.  I kept him for a couple years, didn't like him and sold him.  I took the money I sold him for and started bank account.  My love with equines died in those two years of his biting and bucking fits.

I do still enjoy seeing horses...from a distance.  Petting them now and then.  But my days of jumping on a saddle....well they ended when I realized unicorns did not exist.

I don't think my Diva has ever awoken to a magical gift...yet. I'll be honest, this won't be the year she trips billies over anything under the tree.

There is something about getting that special something: a pony, puppy, dream house, etc.  It just makes the magic of the season really spark to life.  It puts a smile on my face to think back some 25 years to when a bit and bridle sitting under the tree made my heart skip a beat and my eyes light up.  Even though my love for the evil short horse died the memory of him will always be my favorite Christmas memory.

So guys what is your favorite Christmas memory?  Share it!  You can also access me on Facebook by clicking {here}.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!