Thursday, December 5, 2013

Let Christmas Begin!

I've been a little Scroogey lately.  Is that a word?  I haven't been all "deck the halls" and "joy to the world" and I should be.  I have no excuse not to be!

So this weekend I am vowing to put "a little Christmas in my heart" and to not be asking "where are you Christmas".

Are you enjoying my carefully placed Christmas song titles?

Here's what I am planning for the weekend of the beginning of merriment:

It's our favorite time of year: Christmas Cookie Season! Here are forty of our favorite recipes: http://www.bhg.com/christmas/cookies/favorite-christmas-cookies-and-bars/?socsrc=bhgpin120113alltimefavoritechristmascookies
Here's the PIN

1.  Cookies

I love to bake and I love to bake for others.  Every Christmas I make nearly 100 dozen cookies.  I am not kidding.  Everyone gets cookies from us.  When I say everyone, I mean everyone.  The trash guys, the recycle guys, the mailman/woman, the substitute mail carrier, coworkers, teachers, friends, family, hubby's work, and so on and so forth.

My Diva enjoys making the cookies too.  My mom always made Christmas cookies with me and I remember her making them with my little cousin when she was a tiny thing too.  I guess its a tradition that I did not realize was very commonplace.

So we'll turn up the Christmas tunes and we'll spend a day in the kitchen baking and packaging and making little notes to put with the cookies that say something like:  "We appreciate what you do, Merry Christmas!"  My recycle guys are expecting it!

I am watching Hallmark Channel Countdown To Christmas   New Premieres Every Saturday and Sunday at 8pm EST/7pm CST. For more info on the movie schedule click here:      http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/2013originalmovies
Pin here!

2.  Hallmark

I used to make fun of all those cheeseball Hallmark Countdown to Christmas movies.  A couple years ago that changed.  My best friend had lost her second (and only remaining brother) to suicide at the start of the holiday season.  I made two trips to her home, the first to be a support and the second to attend the funeral.  Every time I would get back home I would turn on Hallmark Channel and watch one of those fuddy duddy Christmas specials.  It was comforting.  I knew the plot (aren't they all the same) and I knew at the end it would be happily ever after.  That brought me happiness even though the acting was subpar in a lot of the movies.  Since then I haven't made another snide comment about the made for tv movies.


Go to the Shutterfly home page.
http://www.shutterfly.com


3.  Christmas Cards

May I sing the praises of Shutterfly for the fourth year in a row?  I love them, great products and great prices and phenomenal savings.  This year's cards came in earlier in the week so I will address, stamp and mail them with a smile on my face and wondering who the crap I missed this year!

christmas lights
So cute! Should do this don't you think? Pin it!



4.  Lights

Once upon a time the hubby and I would outline our house in Christmas lights.  If you haven't noticed the "new" lights that are out do not burn a pretty off white light but more of a blue, weird color.  We haven't outlined the house in years and will not do it this year either.  However, I did transplant some of my dwarf evergreens to the front steps and they will be lit up for the season...no more putting off finding the screw driver!

Christmas Peace
Beautiful pin!

5.  No unnecessary stress

I have nothing to stress over.  God is good and has given me an exceptional year and an exceptional life.  We have a beautiful home to enjoy, good health, two amazing crumb crunchers and that my friends leaves me asking:  what more do we need?  We have no worries we are taken care of by our own and God's means.  My shopping is basically finished, my tree is a quarter of the way decorated, and my kids are happy....

Let the magic of miracles of Christmas begin!





1 comment:

  1. Amen to the unnecessary stress! We are blessed beyond belief!! So well put! xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!