Friday, December 20, 2013

A nutcrackin' good time & 5


The University of North Carolina School of the Arts performs The Nutcracker each year.  After planning to go last year and never heading out we finally had a girl's night out and enjoyed the show.

It was a great evening with my Diva.  She is really growing up super fast and that was all so evident last night.  Her mannerisms, language, and the way she carried herself nearly took my breath away.  My chunky, baby girl is now a big girl and it happened so quickly.



Our evening started with a meal at Mi Pueblo.  My child loves her some Mexican food!  She ordered her own meal and an appetizer!  It was kind of funny!  She couldn't find the children's menu and asked the waiter, "Excuse me but where is the children's menu?"  He flipped through her menu and pointed it out.  It was funny but I realize you had to be there.

After clearing her plate she requested some dessert.  Fried ice cream sounded great for her but a Krispy Kreme Donut was even more enticing (coffee for mama).  

While we were there the hot donuts began rolling out and the light came on.  KK went from three customers to about 35 in a matter of seconds!  My girl enjoyed watching the donuts come off the line.

This led to a sweet man behind the counter inviting her to come help him out with the donuts!
Then he paid her in a donut - which she said she was giving to her little brother and then ate it.

She was pretty happy and snapped a selfie!


Love her.
Next up the main event!

We were a tad early but they let us be seated.  The ballet kept us in a trance with all the events on stage.  It was pure magic for my little lady.  She loved every second especially the mice!

Photo: Having a great time!

I didn't take any pictures during the performance because I followed the rules hehe!

We got home late for a school night and my diva turned princess was sound asleep in the backseat.


What a wonderful time....a pretty good memory huh?

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

My 5 -

1.  Date Night...I love our Christmas date night becuase its always extra fun with coffee, browsing, and just being together.
2.  The beginning of a break from work....17 days without going to preschool!  That means we can revamp, refresh and relax!
3.  Royal....I've been missing Royal and I heard from her a couple weeks ago.  She's doing good and that sweetie has something coming to a mailbox near me!
4.  Baby Boy....a well check showed a problem but we're going to get through it!  He's growing well!  27lbs, 32.5 inches!
5.  Christmas Program....My girl's Christmas Pageant at church is this weekend, I'm excited to see her all decked out.  Unfortunately, the weather is supposed to be 75 and I do not have Christmasy clothes appropriate for Florida weather!

See you guys soon!



1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Love your blog design by the way! Hope you have a great weekend and break!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!