Monday, December 23, 2013

2 days from Christmas





We are two days from Christmas morning.  Isn't it depressing?

We spend at a minimum (here) thirty days decorating, shopping, baking, cooking, viewing the screens....and in prep for Christmas.


We read funny books, sad book, heartwarming books all about the different things going on at Christmas time (Jesus, Santa, angels, donkeys, etc).


Then BOOM all that build up leads to that one day....the one day that goes about 220 miles per hour.  Only for it to rush by and December 26th's sunrise to come quickly on it's heels.

Norman Rockwell knew it...


I'm not a fan of the 26th.  It seems to be a sad day.  The abrupt end of Christmas and holiday tunes on the radio.  Normally, I just stare at my tree and think - well you need to go.

When I was little I hated that my mom took our tree down on December 26th.  Wasn't there some law that said it had to stay up until January 6th?  Nope, down she came the morning after Christmas each year.  I always said when I had my own tree I would wait until January 6th to bring it down.  Haha yeah whatever when the Christmas pageants are over, the baby is out of the feed trough, and the presents are all unwrapped that tree can go on out.  


It seems people are happy the day after Christmas.  If you have enjoyed any holiday shopping you have seen that Satan does still exist and he's in every broad at the Dick's Sporting Goods who rams her buggy into people to get those "great priced Under Armour shirts".  The day after the big day it seems like everybody is a lot more happy and less psychotic.  The shopping after Christmas is peaceful unlike that shopping day a month ago after you filled your belly with turkey.

In closing I really hope today and tomorrow pass at molasses speed.  I want to enjoy these days before the madness of Christmas hits in full detail.  I want to enjoy the time before the wrapping paper flies and the family members you prefer not to be around 364 days a year are sitting beside you for three hours.  I want to soak in my tree, my lights, my inflatable.  I want to belt out Christmas hymns to the top of my lungs.  I want to enjoy.every.second.

Before it is just another Christmas past.





Brownie will be taking a break from blogging to enjoy the holidays with her family.  I hope you all have a terrific Christmas and make so many wonderful memories.  Make sure you take time to remember the true meaning of Christmas that isn't wrapped in a pretty box with a bow.  It was a gift of a life who spent his first hours lying in the straw of the feed trough.  It was the gift of love that came from God to save this world if we'll only accept to live with true love in our hearts and actions and stop with the tarnishing of our existence with acts of ridicule & hate.  

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!