Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snow in Late March is Unacceptable

3.26.13 There are snow birds on my feeder.

Happy Tuesday to you!  I am all out of sorts this morning.  I usually skip the gym one morning during the work week.  It has been being Thursday due to my television indulgences on Wednesday night.  This week it was today - totally unplanned and I feel all weird for not staying on my "schedule" - anyone else have that issue?

**************************************

Today is Passover on my calendar - it actually began last night.  The blog this week is geared more towards teaching Easter to kiddos but I think it is extremely valuable to teach them about Passover as well.

I actually think as Christians we have a duty to teach our children about the many Jewish holidays that are on the calendar.  My logic is very simple.  "My Father is a Jewish carpenter."

As Christians we follow who we believe to be the King of the Jews - Jesus Christ.  We should want to learn about Jewish tradition - that is what He followed, is it not?

The Last Supper was the Feast of Thin Bread or Passover.  This is a huge deal!  Jesus' last meal as a man was the traditional Passover meal!  His last Passover meal became what we call Communion - the breaking of the body and the drinking of the wine.  So here is your teaching tool for today with your kidlets!

Discuss Passover 

Passover observes the deliverance of the Jews from slavery in Egypt.  The last plague would kill the first-borns of Egypt. If the Jews wanted their children to be spared they would have to sacrifice a lamb and wipe its blood in their door way.  The angel of death would then know to pass over the home.  In the morning Egypt's Pharoah's son was dead and the Jews were released from their chains and freed.  This was a huge blessing on the Jewish nation.  God showed his love and care for His people and spared their children from death.  He set His people free.

It may sound a bit odd to some but Christians will celebrate a bit of Passover in a couple days.  We will discuss that more on Thursday!

Until then here's a great link for information on Passover and All Things Jewish! Do not be offended when you see God written as G-d.  It is considered disrespectful to write His name completely out in Jewish belief.

*************************************

Need a break from the kids - just thirty minutes of quiet?  A great movie to celebrate Easter for kids ages two and up is Veggietales:  An Easter Carol

This movie is cute and funny and is enjoyable even for adults.  It is the Veggietales spin on Charles Dickins' A Christmas Carol except it has vegetables and an Easter theme to it.  The kids will learn the meaning of Easter and laugh there way to it!

Check Walmart, Lifeway, Target, and Barnes and Noble for availability or you can order it from Amazon.  As always a great resource is the direct source: The Veggie Website!

************************************

Cooking tonight?  Here's a recipe I made last night.  The kiddo and I loved it the husband was middle of the road on it.


Mediterranean Chicken

I pulled this from the Kraft website.  It is a healthy option if you are trying to manage your weight and check your calories and fat at the door!  I went directly by the recipe.  When I make it again I will double up my Sun Dried Tomato dressing amount.  I think it would add more flavor!

**************************************

Be good to each other -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!