Thursday, March 7, 2013

Parenting Books and Acceptable Quickies for Cleaning

3.7.13  Happy birthday Dad-o!

Is it possible to do more thinking in your sleep than when you are awake?  I feel like it may be.  Last night my brain was on high speed - even after I went to sleep.  My husband said when he got into bed I turned - looked at him - and said "This is not acceptable," he knew I was asleep and just ignored me.

Prior to sleeping I had been reading one of the many (many many many) parenting books I have recently began collecting (click here to see what I'm reading now my mom gave me this one to read).  I am finding out that I am the problem/reason/idea/second Eve that must be causing all the issues I am dealing with with my child.  It is my fault that my child has hit a hard patch.  OK fine I'll take that responsibility.  One thing I do not run from is what I am responsible for.  I'm terribly sorry I had another child -to whom I am sorry I'm not sure but its not my kid.  Whoa is me that I switched preschools so she could get a different experience.  Stupid me thought since she enjoyed taking dance I would let her do it this year.  What a fool am I to have said ok when she said she wanted to be in a youth group.  I should be burned at the stake for expecting her to make her bed up.

So of course my brain was reeling even after I had passed into the unconscious zone for the night.  What is not acceptable?  I guess I'm not acceptable. 

That is how I am feeling today.  It is affecting everything too.  I went to work out and ran just over two miles - starting out was hard, then I was in the zone, then I was out of the zone and settled for just over two when I should have done another four.

Later on I chugged out 2 miles with a stroller in front of me. 

To say its a coffee day is an understatement.

When the baby was asleep and I could give my diva 125% of my attention she said in so many words she is jealous.  Then she began to ramble. 

Tips?  Any acceptable advice?

********************************************

There are things in our homes that need ten seconds of our time today. 

Your washing machine needs to be cleaned.
Two cups of bleach, on hot - run it.  But remember to take the laundry out.  Believe it or not that machine that cleans gets dirty and holds in germies.

Your dishwasher needs to be cleaned.
I purchase a monthly cleaner.  You place the bottle upside down in the silverware basket and turn that baby on heavy wash.  It will clean itself.
Many of those disgusting smells we sometimes let fill our olfactory nerves are coming from what you think is a clean dishwasher.
The cleaner will put you out about $3-$4.
What I use & coupon!

Your microwave is needing you.
Take a bowl, fill it with a 1/2 c of water and a 1/2 c of white vinegar.  Timer should be set to 2 minutes and push start (well turn the thing on, you need the heat).  When time is up, put on an oven mit, remove the bowl and wipe it down.

I'm going to say it and leave it. 
Your oven needs some attention.  I have no good tricks.  Care to share?

Your fridge is holding more than food.
Take the food out, sort it in good and bad piles, put the shelving in the now clean dishwasher or do it by hand. 

Are you up for cleaning your freezer?
Eeeek I hate that because techinically you need ot turn that bad boy off to do it right.

Here's a tip:  I love baking soda to keep things fresh BUT I have an even better trick.  Once upon a time we had that cat.  Long story short cat ran away or whatever.  So I have a bag of kitty litter.  Kitty Litter is awesome at keeping freshness around!  Put it in the bottom of your trashcan, a cup in the fridge, a cup on the screened in porch, where ever you have smells put some kitty litter and it will zap the smell and make you go "ahhhhhh"!  Plus you can buy a 10lb bag for $1.97 at Walmart!

************************************

My brother is working at Subway....I'm not cooking tonight.  Guess where I am going? (Oh disclaimer he is way younger than me and it is his first ligit job.  Didn't want you think my brother is 40 and lost his job as a C.E.O. and has been struggling to find something.  I doubt that will ever be him. HA!)

*************************************

As I was running this morning this "truth" came on my radio -

"No matter what happened yesterday, two days ago, last week - today is a new day, a fresh start, a white slate. 
That's the goodness of God."
 
*******************************************************
 

Until we meet again -


Brownie

Do you enjoy my blog?  If so please share it!  Copy the link to Facebook or Twitter!  Get your friends in on the Brownie World Saga!!! http://abrownieworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!