Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Fresh New Start!

3.3.13 - Happy First Sunday of March!

This has been an excellent weekend!  How ya doin?

Can I just say that after a mild mommy melt down and five hours away from children on Saturday I am feeling (Tony Tiger voice) GRRRRRREAT!

******************************************

March is a fabulous month!  This month my blog is getting a make over and I'm trying my darndest to give myself a make over too!

Since I left Facebook I have lost so many followers on my blog.  This makes Brownie sad.  About 20% of my readership has disappeared.  I would like to thank and encourage my readers to please promote/share this blog on Facebook, Twitter, with friends etc.  I would really appreciate it.

I'm revamping the blog for you so you should find more little fun things in here with each entry. 

Please continue to shoot me emails to let me know what you are nterested in and if its in line with some things I have interest in or may possibly have dealt with then I'd love to blog on it.  I really do appreciate you all so much!

******************************************

Now to making me over in a few simple changes:

Change Uno (that is one in Spanish)

The first change is my body.  Yes, I have blogged about that before but the changes are in motion.  I have a few favorite things I'd like to share with you:

My Fitness Pal

What is it? 
An application for your smart phone or computer (or both) that allows you to find the daily caloric intake you need to meet your weight goals. 

What do I do?
You log your meals and exercise each day and you find out if you have gone over or under your caloric intake.  I LOVE THIS!  I can stay on target thanks to this FREE APP!  I log my meals after I eat and stay on track that way. 
When you log your exercise you'll see how many calories you "gained".  Remember calories are fuel and when you use up fuel you get to replace it!

Some added bonus?
You can link your account to your Facebook, Twitter, etc and show the world how you are getting that fabulous beach body in March with Brownie.

Here's the link! Fitness Pal

My friend Jennifer did this and you should see that hottie!

Change deur (ok that's supposed to be French for two but I don't think I spelled that too French)

YMCA baby.  Where I live I have a few options for work out areas.  However, I decided the YMCA was the best fit for me.  Here is why:

1.  I worked there before and it is a good place.
2.  I'm not surrounded by too many meat heads.
3.  The over all feeling I get there is a warm and inviting one - not an eww look at her vibe.
4.  I can run, work with weights, and finish it off with a swim (or a trip to the sauna).
5.  If I had my kids signed up they would have childcare that I didn't have to worry about.

I also love the hours of the YMCA.  We have one place in town opened 24 hours a day (I think) but it didn't meet those five standards I wanted and got at the YMCA.  Since I need me time each day I go to the YMCA at those hours no one else wants to be in a gym - let alone out of pajamas. 

Visit the USA YMCA website here and get some info.  YMCA

Change three (english)

I'm bringing you more yummy and healthy recipes.  Guess why?  Because its time I got back on track.  There's even one in here today.

*********************************************

I mentioned last week that I would be focusing in on cleaning and yes that is coming up in Monday's edition of the blog.  Each day I will focus on one room of the average home (I guess I'll leave out my movie theater and indoor olympic pool room - apparently those aren't standard --- just kidding).  Monday is going to be an ode to the working woman & cleaning kind of blog day.  Get your supplies ready!  I'm not sure what you'll need but at least get a good bottle of wine chilled!

Over the weekend I worked on a few projects including stainless steel cookware and the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  Oh the joys.

If you have a cleaning tip or something you want some advice on - let me know!  You can post it in the comments section.  If I don't have a trick up my sleeve I will not stop until I find one. 

**********************************************

I am so glad to know I am not the only jar addict in the world.  Here are some lovely photos of my jars in action!


***********************************************

One fun and exciting event of the weekend was getting our Little Guy's photos from my wonderful photographer friend!  I have to share my favorite with you.  If you are in the Piedmont Triad area of NC then you should schedule your next photography session with her!  Let her know Brownie sent you.  Nicole's Page




**********************************************

Recipe of the day:

Baked Perch

This is a delicious and fast meal that you can whip up in a matter of mere moments.  It is also extremely inexpensive. Perch is a cold water fish that offers up some good nutrition.  If you are on a low cholesterol diet you may need to evaluate the cholesterol level in this fish (on average 12g/serving).

For this recipe you need:

Perch
Weber Boston Bay seasoning (Side note:  I am a Carolina girl and anything but Old Bay is generally a travesty - however I must say Weber is my brand of choice when I go hunting for a premade spice and or seasoning.  They have great quality and great taste.  Check them out today! Brownie Loves Weber
Unsalted butter




Butter a 9x13 baking dish, preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place fish in the dish.  Sprinkle with Boston Bay seasoning.  Drip melted butter over the fish (to your liking). 

Bake for 10 -12 minutes.

Remove and devour!

The kid even ate it :-) (ok I let her have some ketchup with it).

I served this up with some sauteed vegetables.  It would have been delicious with a baked spud or fresh salad as well.

******************************************

Well guys not much more to post today!  Tonight on the History Channel Mark Burnett (you know the guy who created Survivor, The Voice, The Apprentice, and a lot of other shows) is premiering his 10 hour miniseries - The Bible.  My family is going to check it out.  It starts at 8 ET.  Want to read more click here ---> Bible Mini Series

It should make for some interesting conversations for all!

*****************************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!